Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you have all whipped yourselves up into a frenzy thinking that we are going to pull off all these amazing deals before the deadline.

The fume on here will be something to behold.

However, I hope though on Friday you all will be able to look back on the window with perspective. We have got rid of a heap of deadwood and recruited some top prospects.

Well you would hope we would still be signing some quality, because as it stands now apart from Kean up front we aren’t any stronger than last season.

We’ve swapped one crock (McCarthy) for potentially another (Delph).
One of our best players (Gana) for somebody unproven (Gbamin).
A new right back coming in to challenge Seamus and added Kean up front to of a really second rate list of strikers.

If that’s it then it’s hardly anything to get excited about.

The modus operandi was big fees / smaller wages.

Gbamin would fit this. Kean does too, though his fee was actually very reasonable in this market.

Zaha / Doucoure would surely be
Massive fees / Huge wages.

Unless our other targets have worked out more cost effective than anticipated.

We've also got shut of or look to be set to get shut of big earners too, though. If Schneiderlin goes we're looking at 100kish p/wk

To me this says all it needs to about the Zaha pursuit being called off. Selling them a player that they are interested in without including him in the deal for Zaha

Actually it's better in a financial aspect for a club to sell their assets instead of using them in swap deals.

I'm not saying us selling McCarthy means zaha is coming to us I just think it has no bearing in general on the deal one way or another.
Although saying that I wouldn't be surprised if out offer suddenly ended up jumping by around 10m when we sell McCarthy to palace.​

Well you would hope we would still be signing some quality, because as it stands now apart from Kean up front we aren’t any stronger than last season.

We’ve swapped one crock (McCarthy) for potentially another (Delph).
One of our best players (Gana) for somebody unproven (Gbamin).
A new right back coming in to challenge Seamus and added Kean up front to of a really second rate list of strikers.

If that’s it then it’s hardly anything to get excited about.

Sorry if you don't like it, but it's time to start getting used to the idea.

The modus operandi was big fees / smaller wages.

Gbamin would fit this. Kean does too, though his fee was actually very reasonable in this market.

Zaha / Doucoure would surely be
Massive fees / Huge wages.

Unless our other targets have worked out more cost effective than anticipated.
It is interesting that we've suddenly put two massive money targets in play at the same time. Maybe we can only sign one and are working on both to make sure we get at least one.

If we get Zaha we can simply drop him in on the left and we are good to go. If it is Doucoure we change the system, play three and midfield and figure out a way to use Gylfi as a wide forward or in a deeper midfield role.

Or maybe we just have more money than anyone realizes.

Indeed.

All those huge wages handed out by Koeman.

I was really pleased when we signed Morgan, but it just hasn't gone as expected for him :/

Back end of last season he played well. I think he'll still be here on Saturday tbh and I reckon he'll start.

But then I think he'll be moved on - if everyone is fit. His wages are just too much for what he offers.

It is interesting that we've suddenly put two massive money targets in play at the same time. Maybe we can only sign one and are working on both to make sure we get at least one.

If we get Zaha we can simply drop him in on the left and we are good to go. If it is Doucoure we change the system, play three and midfield and figure out a way to use Gylfi as a wide forward or in a deeper midfield role.

Or maybe we just have more money than anyone realizes.

I think if we can sign one of them it will be intriguing to see what happens with the other.

Would we suddenly switch to a cheaper foreign option (Sangare / Bergwijn) or, go all out for both.

I still want Zouma!

We can't start this season without a CB signing. How this can slip through is beyond me. Whether we relied on Zouma signing or we have a plan in mind to use Gbammin there I don't know but I just don't have the confidence in Mina yet and that's based on not seeing enough of him to form an opinion. If we went all out for Zouma and that was the last of our business, I would be delighted. Zaha and Docoure can wait until Jan or next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back