Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I getting a feeling the Doucoure situation is becoming sour grapes from Watford rejecting two deals I don't rate him + 36.5M also I don't see too many other clubs chasing the player ? with Silva wanting a deal done they are playing games ?

I still would like to see a Zaha deal and pie in the sky - Zouma which looks dead but who knows ?

That being said I am positive we have had another successful window , I am impressed how Brands goes about business , it looks like this window is repeat of the last one and we have bought in some decent players

Amazed at how we are seemingly a breeding ground for Chelsea’s centre backs now.

Wonder if Marcel knows there are other clubs out there with centre backs too.

I mean, chelsea have offered us him. That's them making the move, not marcel. All we have done is shown interest in zouma.

...I don’t mind him. He’s obviously a bit raw, but he was Derby’s Player of the Year last season and he’s rapid. He’d certainly offer what Mina and Kean lack in terms of his athleticism and powers of recovery.

He looked absolutely dreadful at the u21 euros but as you say, senior Player of the Year as a youngster can't be ignored. They had some decent players in that squad too

I getting a feeling the Doucoure situation is becoming sour grapes from Watford rejecting two deals I don't rate him + 36.5M also I don't see too many other clubs chasing the player ? with Silva wanting a deal done they are playing games ?

I still would like to see a Zaha deal and pie in the sky - Zouma which looks dead but who knows ?

That being said I am positive we have had another successful window , I am impressed how Brands goes about business , it looks like this window is repeat of the last one and we have bought in some decent players
Difference with this window is we lost a couple of important first team players in Gueye and Zouma. As such I can't really decide if we've got better or worse. The only place we've definitely improved is up front, and even there we're relying on a 19 year old to bring us goals. I think we needed at least one or two more first-team quality players to feel like it was a successful window.

Even if that theory was true, it’s a bit small time. Why are we letting Chelsea dominate our defensive recruitment?

....I suggest these are short-term fixes. Zouma was clearly the target, but it looks increasingly unlikely we’ll get him at this stage. The Zouma loan was good for us, and this could save a panic outlay and give us time to identify a new CB.

Difference with this window is we lost a couple of important first team players in Gueye and Zouma. As such I can't really decide if we've got better or worse. The only place we've definitely improved is up front, and even there we're relying on a 19 year old to bring us goals. I think we needed at least one or two more first-team quality players to feel like it was a successful window.

Still time to make one or two more signings

My point was that he just ignored the fact we’d signed a replacement for Gana, I was simply reminding him that we had and suggested he consider the possibility that the replacement actually might end up being better than him. Like remember everyone flapping when we sold Fellaini, only for us to end up getting better?

On top of that he insinuated losing Lookman would weaken us. My statement regarding Lookman was fact, not opinion.
Fair enough. Maybe I’m being harsh on you but it’s annoying to be called a bed wetter and accused of flapping (I’ve had both) just for giving an opinion that deviates slightly from the party line. My opinion is that right at this moment we’re no better than we were last year, which I think is massively disappointing. By the end of tomorrow we could have signed £100m+ worth of players and I could think we’re miles better. If that’s the case I’ll say so. It’s not negative to question things or not be sure on a player, but some people shout you down for suggesting things are anything less than fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back