Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
....I suggest these are short-term fixes. Zouma was clearly the target, but it looks increasingly unlikely we’ll get him at this stage. The Zouma loan was good for us, and this could save a panic outlay and give us time to identify a new CB.

Something doesn’t sit right with me though.

We wanted Zouma, if we know he’s 100% off the cards we should be looking for someone of a similar ability, not his apprentice.

Just find this one a bit odd to say the least.

We wanted Zouma, if we know he’s 100% off the cards we should be looking for someone of a similar ability, not his apprentice.

Agreed. To put all the eggs in the Zouma basket seems naive on face value.

...it’s hard to know exactly what’s going on. Lampard managed Tomori last season and must know him very well. He’s a similar ‘type’ to Zouma, perhaps we were told we could have one of them when Lampard decided who he wanted for this season.

Saying that, it wouldn’t surprise me if we have somebody else lined up.

...perhaps we will, it’s only a rumour. Saying that, Tomori played a full season in the Championship last season and might be a 3rd senior CB.

Doubt he is good enough, for now. We are looking to break into top 6 with these great signings this summer. It’s like having Pennington as 3rd choice cb. If Keane or Mina is injured then god helps us.

Fair enough. Maybe I’m being harsh on you but it’s annoying to be called a bed wetter and accused of flapping (I’ve had both) just for giving an opinion that deviates slightly from the party line. My opinion is that right at this moment we’re no better than we were last year, which I think is massively disappointing. By the end of tomorrow we could have signed £100m+ worth of players and I could think we’re miles better. If that’s the case I’ll say so. It’s not negative to question things or not be sure on a player, but some people shout you down for suggesting things are anything less than fantastic.

Two thoughts.

1. Only a doormouse with a hangover would claim we are not significantly better than last season

2. You have too much time on your hands to get wound up about such things

....I suggest these are short-term fixes. Zouma was clearly the target, but it looks increasingly unlikely we’ll get him at this stage. The Zouma loan was good for us, and this could save a panic outlay and give us time to identify a new CB.
Maybe we had identified an alternative. No all of a sudden after the Maguire transfer a lot of crazy numbers are being stated for centre backs, and the identified alternative is now at a price that's too high.

Doubt he is good enough, for now. We are looking to break into top 6 with these great signings this summer. It’s like having Pennington as 3rd choice cb. If Keane or Mina is injured then god helps us.

...well, if he comes in I suspect Tomori might not be the disaster you envisage but time will tell.

Gonna be a busy day and a half for marcel, earning a few weeks in the Bahamas if he can get zaha, a cb, rb and sounds like we want doucoure too. Spurs after coutinho and dybala, think the top 3 is sewn up but the rest of them are there for the taking if we can get these last few players in. Most excited I've been going into a season for a long time. Coybb

Probably just drummed up by sky to get people betting. Unless they are interested, in which case their best player eriksen is going. Eriksen always has and always will be better than coutinho, so that'd be a downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back