Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can he adapt to the premiership?
Or Lozano, and I want us to get zaha. 80 million is obscene, he would be the jointsecond most expensive player ever in the premier league. That would put our highest spend on a player above every club in the league other than man utd. I do like zaha, think he would improve us no end but theres other options out there at far less 80million quid.
Depends if he settles in England or not - would rather an £80 mil Zaha than a £40 mil Klassaan - thats what alot of people dont realise when they say "surely x player from abroad is better".

Dont get me wrong I would rather we go abroad in most instances- however I genuinely believe in the current daft market Zaha is worth around £65 million - if we have to over pay by £15 million then so be it if the club really want him.

Think we got done by them for McCarthy though - £3 million upfront rising to 8.5 with add ons is poor.

Just hope we get Onyekuru, Besic and Bolasie out the door for fees before the windows close.

Lukaku leaving would also give us £5 million extra in the kitty.
I don't rate Zaha that highly, though. 80mil is crazy for a player that has never been more than good. The fact remains that nobody but Everton wants him.

Personally I don’t believe this bid of £70m plus two players. I think more realistically Palace have set a fee for Zaha (£80m) but they’ve also identified two of our players as their own targets.
I think CP will agree fees for McCarthy (£8m) and Tosun (£12m, just a guess). Then they can report they sold Zaha for their full asking price of £80m, but for Everton it would be more like £60m. I’m guessing CP would want the majority of that up front too.

I do agree with you but I believe the upfront fee to be around 40-45m of the 60m. I think the way you put it everyone is happy then personally.

So you're believing sky over a bid that everton actually came out and denied? Interesting take
No I’m saying sky and the mail were the ones who reported a bid. Everton then denied that the bid was what they had claimed it was, but confirmed that we had made a bid. So they were right on the bid but wrong on the details. Again, They were the first ones reporting McCarthy is going to palace, which you seemingly believe is true, so are they reliable or not? You’re just confirming the original point really, that the Italian sources may well have been right about our interest in Kean but wrong about the details of the discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back