Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

In the eyes of some Marcel has suddenly gone from being a cool, calm and in control God to some sort of crack head phoning every club asking for players like he’s searching for anything he can get his hands on.
“Arsenal - hi it’s marcel. Got any players? What about welbeck? Oh, he’s moved on. Iwobi then? £30m? I’ll call you back.” “Man Utd - it’s Marcel. Jones? Smalling? Rojo? I’ll take anything”.

He’s got this. Chill out.
I think the truth is somewhere in between though. I'm not sure that 'he's got this' because I have no reason to be. If this was his 10th season with us and he'd been brilliant for the other 9 then i'd be right with you, but it's not. I trust him, I think he's a good director of football, but I don't think he's infallible and I don't have any evidence that the work he's done so far this summer is amazing (i'm not saying it's not, just to be clear, only that I don't know yet that Kean and Gbamin will turn out to be as good as we hope).

So yes, in some people's eyes there's been a massive about turn, but in others this was always a possibility.

Iwobi has far more ability and potential than Bolasie
Smalling would've been a loan as cover
Lossl=Stek is about right
Delph is 1/3rd the cost two years later
For the record I think Delph is a better signing than Schneiderlin has turned out to be (but we'll have to wait and see to be sure) but just because his fee was one third of the fee for Schneiderlin doesn't mean he is a third of the cost as his wages will be massive (and we are still paying Schneiderlin six figures a week currently).

One of the things that's good about what Brands is doing is separating us away from the mid table sides.
Ie putting us in a different transfer league to them.

Whether the Zaha deal goes through or not whats being projected is that we are one the the clubs to step up to within the internal PL transfers.

Gaining the best players from mid table sides is now within our reach, A Zaha or an Ake seems possible when they would have only gone to Top four before.

What I'm not liking is this talk of the Man U and Arsenal cast offs like Smalling and Iwobi. Not cool.
I agree with most of this, other than I am not sure that all of the noise in the last few hours is real. People making stuff up. Even looking at Arsenal’s first team is a good thing to be seen to do

arsenal given up on rugani apparently and desperately after a CB. As well as us and Leicester wanting to do the same this could get messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back