Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree mate. Our strategy towards attempting to become a top 4 club has been totally fuddled.

We dont want 14 30mill players. That just gets you 14 none champions league class players and a certain 7/8th place finish unless a big 6 club totally messes up.

We should have started to purchase genuine world class players for 60-80 mill 3 years ago to be supplemented by some shrewd 10-20mill prem class
signings. If we sat in position now with say 3-4 genuine world class players I would be excited.
We should have a top-class leader at centre half, a top class leader in centre mid and a top class striker.

As I see it we have spent hundreds of millions and have 3 (Richarl/Sigurd/Digne) players I would class just under champions league class. No champions league club have been seriously linked with any of those 3 so please don't tell me they are top-class.

Would we have been able to attract the 3-4 world class played though? I see what you’re saying and I agree that I’d rather see 3 really top class players brought in each season rather than 5-6 good ones but I think we’ve needed a lot of work to up our overall level first.

Hopefully once the bigger contracts run out for players who aren’t contributing and now we’ve got a good core of quality players we’ll see us taking the approach you’ve mentioned.

Agree mate. Our strategy towards attempting to become a top 4 club has been totally fuddled.

We dont want 14 30mill players. That just gets you 14 none champions league class players and a certain 7/8th place finish unless a big 6 club totally messes up.

We should have started to purchase genuine world class players for 60-80 mill 3 years ago to be supplemented by some shrewd 10-20mill prem class
signings. If we sat in position now with say 3-4 genuine world class players I would be excited.
We should have a top-class leader at centre half, a top class leader in centre mid and a top class striker.

As I see it we have spent hundreds of millions and have 3 (Richarl/Sigurd/Digne) players I would class just under champions league class. No champions league club have been seriously linked with any of those 3 so please don't tell me they are top-class.
Erm...
Digne came from quite s good CL side and Spurs were sniffing round a few weeks ago.
Richarlison is Brazil’s striker.
Soggy we overpaid for st the time so no one would take the chance with us. The first two are definitely CL quality and Siggy can be on his day.

Fine player Zaha, would improve any PL team. But just can't see how he's worth more than £60m. If he was 23yr striker who you're confident could get 20-25 a season, with potential for sell on value, it makes sense, even at £80m. This seems hasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back