Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get you’re point then.

We can all want whoever we want. I’ve wanted to sign Quaresma for as long as I can remember and I still will when he’s retired probs, but all I can do is trust the folk in charge.

Don’t tell me you weren’t excited the summer we signed all Walsh’s crap.
I was mate and how wrong I was to be. You saying trust the money men on Zaha cos it is their job is why I chose to remind you of walsharoo

I'm a software developer, I'm only messing about Walsh obviously, he got it wrong badly for us but clearly it worked out for him previous to that.

Exactly. Even though we all do it, and I’m as guilty as anyone, Internet football fans with their ‘opinions’ do my head in during transfer windows especially.

Never understand why people are so arsed about how much a transfer costs, it’s not our money. If the multi billionaire is happy to overpay for players wtf do i care so long as were spending within our means.

There’s not infinite funds though so I always look at what we end up spending and thinking about if we couldn’t have got better value. For example if we spend £80m on Zaha and £10m on a centre back I’ll think we should’ve only spent £60m on Zaha (as that’s what I think he’s worth) and we’d have £30m for a better centre back.

Brands will only have a certain amount to spend and I’d prefer it to be spent well.

You’re right, it’s not my money, but that’s how I think about it all.

There’s not infinite funds though so I always look at what we end up spending and thinking whether I think we couldn’t got better value. For example if we spend £80m on Zaha and £10m on a centre back I’ll think we should’ve only spent £60m on Zaha (as that’s what I think he’s worth) and we’d have £30m for a better centre back.

Brands will only have a certain amount to spend and I’d prefer it to be spent well.

You’re right, it’s not my money, but that’s how I think about it all.
Yeah I’m the same. I always flip it and talk about sales. If we’d sold gana for £500k Literally everyone on here would have gone mental, so what’s the difference? It’s still not our money, but we expect the club to act sensibly and do good deals.

Behave lad. The clubs priority is to get European football. Buying foreign players on the cheap and hoping their good isn’t going to achieve that. The above 4 could flop big time and are a massive gamble.
Agree mate. Our strategy towards attempting to become a top 4 club has been totally fuddled.

We dont want 14 30mill players. That just gets you 14 none champions league class players and a certain 7/8th place finish unless a big 6 club totally messes up.

We should have started to purchase genuine world class players for 60-80 mill 3 years ago to be supplemented by some shrewd 10-20mill prem class
signings. If we sat in position now with say 3-4 genuine world class players I would be excited.
We should have a top-class leader at centre half, a top class leader in centre mid and a top class striker.

As I see it we have spent hundreds of millions and have 3 (Richarl/Sigurd/Digne) players I would class just under champions league class. No champions league club have been seriously linked with any of those 3 so please don't tell me they are top-class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back