Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We nearly signed Rojo last year. Zouma loan only happened because United pulled the plug. Silva is a big fan. Quick, left footed, strong but careless/reckless. If he comes make no mistake the manager is a fan even if we fans are not.
This. If we sign him it isn’t because we’re “desperate”. Yes Zouma was the priority, but as you say Silva wanted Rojo first and foremost last summer and clearly likes him.

Are we over panicking about a CB? I know its only pre season but wev'e looked pretty solid there .. Keane / Mina / Gbamin / Holgate / Gibson . Not as desperate as it seems . I think forward options more of a priority.
Don’t understand all the bed wetting on here.
Look at Brands/Silva first window (Richarlison, Mina, Digne, Gomes, Zouma).
Every one turned out to be brilliant signing (Mina apart, due to injuries, but could still come good).
Compare that to Walsh/Koeman windows. Gana apart, utter disaster. Literally throwing money on a fire & putting the club on a downward trajectory.

We saw at the end of last season that we’re going in the right direction.
We’ve had a fantastic window, securing Gomes, signing an Italian international wonderkid. Hopefully this Gbamin & the RB will be good signings.
I’m more than happy.

If we can’t land the right CB, I’d rather go to January with Keane, Mina, Holgate & this Gbamin standing in (+ Feeney etc.) rather than throw money at dross, Koeman style.
Gbamin has been bought to play in midfield. He said so and Silva said so. If he ends up playing half the season at centre half then it was a waste of time signing him. He's played 11 games at centre half in 3 years at Mainz, they lost 8 of them and conceded 22 goals in the process. He can play centre half the same way Jagielka and Heitinga could play in midfield.

but Theo Walcotto will be the one charged with providing service to el Keano which is worrying

Within months Kean is going to grow major influence based on his ability and will tell Silva to bin Walcott if he persists.

Until we get the best in the business, this director of football lark will always end in tears.

It’s a shame because a real man of action would not panic when times get hard and secure quality.

Typical Everton to go cap in hand to United, to buy their unwanted players that are on the proverbial scrap heap.

Happy with the window so far, if we can bring in Zaha and a CB then it's been a great window.

I'd rather us bring in a back up CB on loan than blow money on a target that the manager doesn't really want. We can readdress it in January if need be. Signing good footballers takes a long time.

We literally cant give Tosun away.
Only to Premier league clubs. Still got till the end of the month to shift him abroad. In fairness though, if we get rid of Niasse, it may be worth keeping him around, with only DCL and Kean. We could play Richie up front, but that means walcot comes in, and I'm at a loss who I prefer less?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back