Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can forget Zaha.

The whirlwind of nothingness yesterday leads to huge expecation today which would always be tough to fulfill.

Another three in today is probably unrealistic if we are working our way down a list, but last summer Gomes and Zouma came about as surprises.

As long as we get another CB in, we have had a decent window, anything else is a bonus today.

I think not wanting him is more to do with he’s a united cast off. I think the frustration is no matter how many new staff come in, we don’t stop getting unwanted players from united.

Personally speaking he looks the most likely to come here at present.

My view is although we could do worse, it looks like Marcel is panicking and going scattergun.

Beats goin to Wigan for players.

I don't think you understand.

Again I want to make clear i'm just explaining somebody elses point here, not suggesting it's true, but the point he's making is that making a bid which doesn't get accepted is not proof that you have money. You may remember Everton 'bidding' £12m for Alan Shearer, just after they found out that Newcastle had bid £15m? I believe it was around 13 years later when we finally made a £12m signing.
What exactly do we have to gain by bidding for someone if we don’t have the money?

The Shearer bid was 23 years ago, how does that have any bearing on the club today?

The whirlwind of nothingness yesterday leads to huge expecation today which would always be tough to fulfill.

Another three in today is probably unrealistic if we are working our way down a list, but last summer Gomes and Zouma came about as surprises.

As long as we get another CB in, we have had a decent window, anything else is a bonus today.

I see it differently.

He’s put in a transfer request to get the move.

The silence to me says it’s probably done.

I think not wanting him is more to do with he’s a united cast off. I think the frustration is no matter how many new staff come in, we don’t stop getting unwanted players from united.

Personally speaking he looks the most likely to come here at present.

My view is although we could do worse, it looks like Marcel is panicking and going scattergun.

We have to get players from clubs below us or clubs above us (obviously) so we either pay for someone’s in proven rising star or we get a ‘cast off’ why is anyone bothered if they come from United? Neville Saha Howard all did quite well for us. Due to the geographical closeness it’s always going to be a common move for players. Rojo is a decent backup defender to Mina and Keane. Some people just need to get over it.

Nothing coming out of Everton as regards signings today. That's the way it should be.......

We and the media are on a need to know basis..

Heads will be falling off come 5 o clock

Chalk it down

I like Rojo. He’s got an edge. Injuries have been an issue but Mourinho and Van Gaal rated him.

Can’t undwrstand people saying we’ve had an average window in relation to some of the Everton windows of the past it’s been very good.
For a poster who puts a lot of things to Everton’s perceived poor mentality that’s a very odd attitude.

Why would we only compare it to our own previous windows, when we all know we went years without signing anybody? That breeds the exact attitude you claim is the reason for every loss we ever suffer.

Personally I judge the transfer window on how much better we are at the end of it. Currently I’d say we’re not really better at all, maybe slightly better if Kean hits the ground running.

The clubs there throwing hundreds of millions of pounds around trying to make themselves better and they don’t even have to bother, you’ll lap up whatever you’re served.

Honestly think a winger is needed too. Can certainly go with what we have in center mid, but just three wide players (Bernard, Richy and Walcott) is a bit thin. I know folks are all in on Zaha, but I would be made up with Bergwijn.

It’s been an interesting ride. Maybe it will still turn from alright to excellent.

At the end of the day though I think the signings we have made have been both good and fiscally sound. Getting Kean for under 30m was a brilliant piece of business.

Can’t forget we have moved a significant number of players as well, with a few weeks yet to move more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back