Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking we're going to limp our way past the finish line now (Barring a last minute change of mind from Palace)

If we end today with Zaha, Rojo and Iwobi signed on top of who we've already signed then we've had an alright window IMO

As it stands it's about an average one for me. I'm not desperately worried or anything, but it could have been better overall

Still, we've signed some highly rated younger players, brought back Gomes and deepened the squad depth with the addition of Delph

We've had worse windows

just alright? yeah Rojo isn't ideal, but if we end with Kean, Gbamin, Zaha, Iwobi, Gomes, Lossl, Rojo, that would be a great window, just a better CB short of one of the best in our modern history

Well it does mean something, it tests their resolve
I don't think you understand.

Again I want to make clear i'm just explaining somebody elses point here, not suggesting it's true, but the point he's making is that making a bid which doesn't get accepted is not proof that you have money. You may remember Everton 'bidding' £12m for Alan Shearer, just after they found out that Newcastle had bid £15m? I believe it was around 13 years later when we finally made a £12m signing.

Yeah if we were in the pub I’d have heard that wasn’t your opinion and I’d be totally backing you up.

But if you decided to start talking garbage I’d have taken the rinse out of you back, and bought you a drink. lol

Anyway, statement signings are stupid. They mess up the whole eco system of the team.

Going back, he was saying we should be trying to sign the “top top” defensive midfielders in Europe. I challenged that and said why would they come to Everton, which apparently is the wrong attitude.

Leicester and Spurs didn’t go out and sign these types of players, they developed good players into better players, I have not said anything to the contrary.

So had no idea why you were questioning me about it.

It’s all banter, no malice intended x

Thinking we're going to limp our way past the finish line now (Barring a last minute change of mind from Palace)

If we end today with Zaha, Rojo and Iwobi signed on top of who we've already signed then we've had an alright window IMO

As it stands it's about an average one for me. I'm not desperately worried or anything, but it could have been better overall

Still, we've signed some highly rated younger players, brought back Gomes and deepened the squad depth with the addition of Delph

We've had worse windows
That would be more than an alright window wtf. Zaha, Iwobi and Kean alone is incredible.

I like Rojo. He’s got an edge. Injuries have been an issue but Mourinho and Van Gaal rated him.

Can’t undwrstand people saying we’ve had an average window in relation to some of the Everton windows of the past it’s been very good.

I think not wanting him is more to do with he’s a united cast off. I think the frustration is no matter how many new staff come in, we don’t stop getting unwanted players from united.

Personally speaking he looks the most likely to come here at present.

My view is although we could do worse, it looks like Marcel is panicking and going scattergun.

Deals can happen in minutes.

The reason for them dragging out throughout the window is due to agents/clubs trying to drum up interest and bidding wars, or a player waiting to see what else might materialise.

On deadline day it is a simple yes/no.

We normally have an out of the blue name arrive.
I am hopeful Brands has an ace up his sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back