Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly do we have to gain by bidding for someone if we don’t have the money?

The Shearer bid was 23 years ago, how does that have any bearing on the club today?
Christ mate, I'm only trying to explain that you missed the point he was making and now you're missing mine aswell. I give up, you can live your life in blissful ignorance.

For a poster who puts a lot of things to Everton’s perceived poor mentality that’s a very odd attitude.

Why would we only compare it to our own previous windows, when we all know we went years without signing anybody? That breeds the exact attitude you claim is the reason for every loss we ever suffer.

Personally I judge the transfer window on how much better we are at the end of it. Currently I’d say we’re not really better at all, maybe slightly better if Kean hits the ground running.

The clubs there throwing hundreds of millions of pounds around trying to make themselves better and they don’t even have to bother, you’ll lap up whatever you’re served.

Think that’s a bit of a simplistic view given the context of what happened in 17/18. The work we hve done since then ha been very good in my opinion. Of course I’d like us to go out and get in 9 new players in a window but it doesn’t often happen. I don’t but that we’re weaker though. We’re stronger upfront and in midfield than last season. The squad has been streamlined and the players coming in look a far more attractive profile than the ones going out.

We can always have a better window but I think this has been another good one for us.

At the end of the day the starting XI starting on Saturday is going to be weaker than the starting XI that ended last season. Saying that the squad is improving ,but we need 2 quality players in by the end of the day ..

Think that’s a bit of a simplistic view given the context of what happened in 17/18. The work we hve done since then ha been very good in my opinion. Of course I’d like us to go out and get in 9 new players in a window but it doesn’t often happen. I don’t but that we’re weaker though. We’re stronger upfront and in midfield than last season. The squad has been streamlined and the players coming in look a far more attractive profile than the ones going out.

We can always have a better window but I think this has been another good one for us.

People were disappointed when we missed out on Fer and signed John Stones.

Gbamin and Kean are complete unknown quantities. I don't think we can honestly judge this window until the end of the season.

Hopefully more to come in in the next 5 hours.

I’ll vault you when you’re telling us for the 25000th time that we have good players and the only reason we lost 7-0 at anfield is because have a poor mentality and accept mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back