Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its amazing how most seemed against signing him saying it was too much money

Now we haven't the same people are spouting its been a poor window. I even saw one post saying we are an injury or two away from being in a relegation battle.

I don't rate him that highly and think he's overpriced.

But the problem is that he has been a selected target for Everton. So I want to see the plan followed through.

Also, targeting the likes of him and Doucoure sends the message that Everton want to compete at the top level, and we'll go out and buy stars from other clubs to do so. To not do it and then sign Rojo sends a different message - "back in your box Everton, sign the top clubs' rejects like you should."

Are those asking everyone to chill still feeling the same. To me, there has never been any plan B or C’s. Purposely going for unrealistic targets, putting them in the public domain, knowing quite well they wouldn’t come off so that they can say ‘we tried’. Sorry but we haven’t ended the window stronger IMO.

Transfer deadline hysteria aside;

Brands was a Kurt Zouma away from a very good transfer window.

That said, I can't recall ever seeing Gbamin, Sidibe or Kean kick a ball so I've no clue really.
This is my worry in a nutshell. On the face of it those players are exciting signings but I'd never heard of Gbamin so he is a complete mystery to me (and I suspect most folk in here) and I've seen Kean and Sidibe maybe 5 times between them. Lots of potential upside but risks as well.

We simply must sign a CB as two senior CBs, including one with a patchy injury record, is unacceptable. Not sold on Rojo at all, particularly at £25m (!) But we defo need someone.

I know that I have very little knowledge on football transfers. But, in my simple mind, if your number 1 transfer target is Zaha, why would you not bid the minute the window opens. Same with Docoure, Zouma etc.

Leaving it to the last minute puts selling teams in a very difficult situation. If this Rojo deal falls through, we are in trouble if a centre half gets injured.

Staggering. We make a club record bid to a team whose owner just got greedier and greedier, and you say we have no conviction for not paying a king's ransom?

Get a grip lad.

I am saying you cannot trust Everton to get anything done. As for years and years, a severe lack of conviction. I pray we have a plan B, I really do but as it stands it appears we do not. How on earth is there not a plan B?

We appear to be on plan F with Rojo and even then balking at the fee.

Keep your condescending 'get a grip' comments to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back