Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be honest, Zaha wasn't worth 80 million+ anyway and we were never his first choice. Still made some cracking signings this window and Brands may have someone else lined up for all we know. Sometimes you dont even hear about it till an hour after the window shuts.

Apologies for not wetting the bed and still looking for positives. ;)

images

Last edited:
With Jagielka leaving we needed an experienced head with leadership qualities. Delph is the perfect fit - will fit well as a box to box midfielder.
It's the perfect signing for us at a bargain price. Leadership and mentality in the dressing room cannot be underestimated.

Why is Delph being perceived as a bad signing? He's not played regularly in midfield for City; but look at what he's been up against there. He was outstanding for Villa before he left; has developed and learned. We'll see 3-4 years of his best now.

He's a decent player mate, problem is, and always will be, he's injury prone, I mean he's only been here 5 minutes and is injured. Also, with his injury record and him being 29, I don't think we'll see 3 - 4 years of his best.

I am saying you cannot trust Everton to get anything done. As for years and years, a severe lack of conviction. I pray we have a plan B, I really do but as it stands it appears we do not. How on earth is there not a plan B?

We appear to be on plan F with Rojo and even then balking at the fee.

You can trust loads of football fans to have a proper whinge. I suppose it is stress management for a lot of people's lives actually.

I think we've been very aggressive.

I have no issue with spending money or not.

I'm just mad that we haven't had options in place - or so it seems - if our no.1 targets haven't come off.
The way we announced Sidibe late yesterday evening, we must have been ultra confident of doing more business today. So I'm hoping we have a rabbit in the hat ready to pull out at 5pm. Have to say it's more hope than confidence at this stage.

Well we've still got an hour to get Iwobi or someone in. Otherwise we basically have to have Richarlison fit and starting every game between now and January.

It's slightly annoying because I feel like this is the weakest United and Chelsea have been for a long time. Don't know when the transfer ban is up for Chelsea but you can guarantee that the first window out will be a big spending one.

Yes, it was much better to watch and I've said so many times. I like Silva as a coach. That's not really anything to do with the point though. You were laughing as if things were a million times better. They aren't though. They're a bit better, I enjoyed the football more and we had a couple of better players, but i'm not sure we're all that much closer to actually achieving anything than we were then. If you think other teams fans are looking at us thinking oh Everton are back, you're sadly mistaken.

No mate, I was laughing because people are majorly overreacting and claiming we havent moved forward from the Big Sam days just because we didnt sign Zaha.

In general we've had a positive window, I would have liked a good CB which we dont look like getting but apart from that I'm pretty happy with our business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back