Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may still be possible to loan a centre back:

'After the deadline, English clubs can only sign new players if they are free agents, on emergency loans or EFL sides can still make normal loan moves seven days after the window closes.'

Leicester another club who couldn't find quality a CB without massively overpaying, and they had the Maguire money to spend.
Can thank Man Utd for destroying the market prices for half decent defenders.

Ive had time to reflect on the whole CB farce, heres my take.

From the fact that Chelsea sold Luiz you would imagine that Zooms was defo available. We didnt get linked to hardly any CBs during the window, so it would seem we put all our eggs in the Zoom basket. Luiz deal utterly destroyed any hope, so we then moved on to Rojo, we didnt wanna be lumped with a fairly rubbish CB on a long contract so we walked away.

No, there defo arent only 3 CBs in world football, but ive been saying for a while, I personally consider the level of CBs the lowest I can ever remember, theres simply no Superstar CBS left, sure theres De Ligt, who looks like he will be a baller and that fella over the park, but neither are ya Baresis, Nestas, Vidics, Rios, Terrys.

So its not ideal, we have Mina who had an injury hit season last year, Keane also had a few niggles, Keane has been prone to be a bit up and down also, so the lack of a real option, is not great. But Holgate has proven to be a good player at times and the boy Gibson, Gbamin and even Feeney could "do a job". But its done now, the window for signings is over.

Be nice if we could all just get behind the players we have, the manager we have and dont concern ourselves with the people who CURRENTLY dont matter Brands, Moshiri, Kenwright, none of them matter now, all that matter are the 18 players we pick tomorrow and the fella with the massive watch in the dugout.

Think I'd take a couple of losses then being forced to pay 20-30m for Marcus bloody Rojo, Seriously we've just been trying to get rid of people like that on high wages who have no future with the club ever since Brands came in.

....exactly, it’s encouraging we didn’t add to the millstones Walsh gave us, not only with his signings but also contract extensions.

Based on TODAY and my views on the players we have signed, our best 11 could potentially be :

Pickford
Sidibe - Keane - Mina - Digne
Gbamin - Gomes
Rico - Viking - Iwobi
Kean
Now of course I am not ignoring the boy Coleman or little Bernie, who will no doubt be 2 players we lean very heavily on during the season, but in 12months Brands will have potentially signed 8 of our first 11, in just 12months. But he didnt buy a back up CB so hes a jug eared fraud sadly.
Agree but would switch Gbamin for Delph and Iwobi for Bernard...

Think we'll only be seeing Kean as an impact sub for the first few months myself mate.

Reckon he might not get his first start until the first league cup game.

Think tomorrow might be a little early, but as the boy above says, this fella will be straight in Watford, his talent means he wont be kissing pine.

Probably mate, sadly his recent injury has put a massive downer on the boy Delph for me, it was my only concern and an injury before the season even starts was the worst thing. Its only a minor injury but sadly it starts the cycle in some cases, injured, struggling for fitness, playing crap. But lets hope that isnt the case.
He does seem injury prone, I guess that’s why we got him relatively cheaply. It’s a shame because he’s looked decent in pre season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back