Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't see both staying fit and playing every game till January. Not likely is it. Holgate can be ok alongside one of Mina or Keane but for extended periods and we are in trouble.Maybe there is a free agent worth a go, I don't know
Sorry I don't follow.

Currently our first choice are Mina and Keane.
Holgate, Mbamin and Gibson are the back ups i'd imagine. For instance, Delph when fit would play CM and Mbamin if required would play CB.

Holgate is going to be on the bench for the entire season. So unless it's in a cup game or training, you'd hope he can stay fit.

If you mean talent wise it's far from ideal having Holgate as the back up, I absolutely agree. I think he's had a few chances now to show he can be a Stones and apart from a few decent performances he hasn't looked up to it. He wasn't particularly great in the 6 or 7 games I saw him for WBA either.

So yeah, we've got to hope Mina and Keane can stay fit. My point is they currently are and may stay fit all year. Let's not worry about one of them being injured until they are (given we can't buy anyone).

Sorry I don't follow.

Currently our first choice are Mina and Keane.
Holgate, Mbamin and Gibson are the back ups i'd imagine. For instance, Delph when fit would play CM and Mbamin if required would play CB.

Holgate is going to be on the bench for the entire season. So unless it's in a cup game or training, you'd hope he can stay fit.

If you mean talent wise it's far from ideal having Holgate as the back up, I absolutely agree. I think he's had a few chances now to show he can be a Stones and apart from a few decent performances he hasn't looked up to it. He wasn't particularly great in the 6 or 7 games I saw him for WBA either.

So yeah, we've got to hope Mina and Keane can stay fit. My point is they currently are and may stay fit all year. Let's not worry about one of them being injured until they are (given we can't buy anyone).
True but this is football you need options. I suspect Gbamin will be tried there which isn't ideal as he is meant to be our new DM.

...seems to be a trait of Silva teams that they have runs of poor form followed by runs of good form. Clearly that needs to change if we are to progress. I think you’re right regarding consistency.
As well as Silva we have a youngish squad now and players who have never played in this league before, so it might be another up and down one. I am just hoping Kean can be a difference maker.

...yep, I think we’re all chuffed with the Kean signing, really looking forward to seeing him.

The way I see it, is 5 out of 6 signings last season were good. Mina I don't think flopped we just didn't see him enough, so he could come good this season.

Excluding Gomes as he's not a new signing, if all but one of the current intake have a similar intake, we will be in a very good position. Thats the challenge really.

The way I see it, is 5 out of 6 signings last season were good. Mina I don't think flopped we just didn't see him enough, so he could come good this season.

Excluding Gomes as he's not a new signing, if all but one of the current intake have a similar intake, we will be in a very good position. Thats the challenge really.

....agree, really encouraged that last season (generally speaking) our best players were our new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back