Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was very poor during World Cup to be honest. This season is exceptional, same could be said for all Ajax players. One off season or not I’m not sure.
His WC team was very much so less ambitious. They were very much so out there not to lose instead of aiming to win. Very much so isolated on every attack and forced to defend first.

Assists does not equal good build up play which is what I'm concerned with. Man City can get away with a player only contributing inside the penalty area. We can't. It's why part of our recent improvement has coincided with Gylfi getting involved more and DCL playing striker. Because before that we had players who didn't contribute outside the box.

His finishing hasn't been the best but none of that other stuff matters if he isn't getting involved constantly and his career both at City and Brazil does not show a player who does nothing but look to get on the end of things. Think about Rom when he used to be totally useless if he didn't score. That's Jesus.

Assists that lead to goals don’t count as build up play, sorry mate on that point alone I’ll leave that debate there. Clearly you have you mind made up and that’s fine. You do know he plays on the wing for City at times, I’m sure. I actually don’t see him as a 9, think he will eventually end up a 10, touch of the Peles about him with such a broad skill set.

On your other point I think your wrong as well we have to many players who are excellent at build up play, we lack a focal point and finisher, unfortunately Jesus wouldn’t be for us as he is far more then that.

fair play to anyone who mentioned Ziyech in his Twente days a few years ago because he has become some player now

Ye, but would he have become that player if he’d been with us?
Some clubs have a knack at bringing young players through, don’t think we’re one of those clubs to be honest.

“Football agent Mino Raiola has been banned by the Italian FA for three months so he may not be in involved in the next transfer window, report Sky in Italy.

Our colleagues in Italy say it is not clear at the moment why he has been suspended.”

Hello Hirving Lozano my old friend.

Assists that lead to goals don’t count as build up play, sorry mate on that point alone I’ll leave that debate there. Clearly you have you mind made up and that’s fine. You do know he plays on the wing for City at times, I’m sure. I actually don’t see him as a 9, think he will eventually end up a 10, touch of the Peles about him with such a broad skill set.

On your other point I think your wrong as well we have to many players who are excellent at build up play, we lack a focal point and finisher, unfortunately Jesus wouldn’t be for us as he is far more then that.
If there are 70 passes that open the team up and Jesus has no touches before a pass puts him through and he squares for a teammate to tap in that is an assist where he did nothing to create it. Assists do not equal good at supporting the build up. Mane has 1 assist this season for example.

If there are 70 passes that open the team up and Jesus has no touches before a pass puts him through and he squares for a teammate to tap in that is an assist where he did nothing to create it. Assists do not equal good at supporting the build up. Mane has 1 assist this season for example.

Assists don’t count as build up play?

Where are you getting the stats here mate? in regard to Jesus involvement build up play I.e. touches before assisting or scoring? I’m presuming there are some.

So essentially you want a striker who provides there own build up play for their own goal, who won’t assist because that doesn’t qualify as build up play.

No offense, but I think you have the wrong here.

Assists don’t count as build up play?

Where are you getting the stats here mate? in regard to Jesus involvement build up play I.e. touches before assisting or scoring? I’m presuming there are some.

So essentially you want a striker who provides there own build up play for their own goal, who won’t assist because that doesn’t qualify as build up play.

No offense, but I think you have the wrong here.
No assists don't always show good build up. Saying Jesus has 15 assists so he must be good at build up is wrong just as saying Mane having 1 assist means he is bad is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back