Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for that! Sounds like a replacement for Schneiderlin...

Think he’s decent in truth, capable of double figures of goals and assists in the back front three positions, decent dribbler, has set pieces in his locker and can control the tempo of a game.

One of those players, who won’t thrive being one of many stars in a team, but make him a key focal point you will get a tune out of him, still 26 too, you’ll get his best years on a five year contract. The juice could be worth the squeeze for some, not for us mind.

We’re fully loaded in his position, with our own Brazilian and the Gylfmeister.

Would you swap Gylfi for Coutinho? I know i would.

I just want to know who the better right back is.

Hard to tell as Reece James seems to have been brilliant in the championship and yet AWB has been the same in the premier league.

We would need to see Reece James have a few games in the prem first.

That being said, he appears to be the type of player with a very high ceiling.

Thanks for that! Sounds like a replacement for Schneiderlin...

Would you swap Gylfi for Coutinho? I know i would.

Hard to tell as Reece James seems to have been brilliant in the championship and yet AWB has been the same in the premier league.

We would need to see Reece James have a few games in the prem first.

That being said, he appears to be the type of player with a very high ceiling.

I wouldnt swap Martina for Coutinho.

Fraser had 14 assists this year. I'm pretty sure we have never had someone hit that number. It's nothing to laugh at. Iwobi does all the build up stuff people credit Bernard for and produces beyond that. He's youngish too. He'd be worth it.

Beyond that there are certainly players around Europe that could do well. That Trossard we were linked with is intriguing but I won't pretend to know the Belgian league well. I haven't looked into enough tbh but to suggest we can't do better is crazy when guys like Mahrez come from nowhere.

He ain’t getting 14 assists with DCL on the end of them!

Mate you are having a absolute ‘mare, go to bed and stay there till August
I really do find it crazy how most of this forum is adamant that Bernard is better than the players I've listed despite there not being one single piece of evidence in his favor. I love Everton too but let's be honest with ourselves.

I really do find it crazy how most of this forum is adamant that Bernard is better than the players I've listed despite there not being one single piece of evidence in his favor. I love Everton too but let's be honest with ourselves.

Think you need to watch the games that’s all and you will see the amount of space that Bernard creates, the chances created with no one on the end of as we don’t have a centre forward, the relationship with Digne which could be as good as the Baines and Pienaar days, due to the high levels of trust in each other to cover the defensive duties

Finally you might also notice that teams are starting to double up on him, as they have recognised his threat.

Goals will come as that’s his only short comings

Think you need to watch the games that’s all and you will see the amount of space that Bernard creates, the chances created with no one on the end of as we don’t have a centre forward, the relationship with Digne which could be as good as the Baines and Pienaar days, due to the high levels of trust in each other to cover the defensive duties

Finally you might also notice that teams are starting to double up on him, as they have recognised his threat.

Goals will come as that’s his only short comings
The biggest problem is all decent wingers do these things and all of the players I listed create space for the fullback (Shaw and Kolasinac were both decent this year when healthy) and track back (the United players do when they're arsed). Every decent winger gets double teamed when they are beating the full back. None of this is beyond the scope of a very high number of wingers. But as you say you get no goals and this season limited creativity from Bernard. Even if he were to double his production with a good striker he would be at best even with the players I listed.

I didn't intend to turn this into a rip on Bernard session even though that's where it went. I was trying to highlight that we shouldn't be giving up on Lookman, writing off Onyekuru and turning away from signing a winger because of Bernard. It is an area where we have a decent player but also one where we can easily find better.

Really dont need to be signing any wingers if lookman and onyekuru stay.

Gomes or Gomes replacement if he goes to Spurs.
Zouma or another CB
Striker

Are all more pressing issues for us
I'd go RB after that. And a lot will depend on outgoings too. If McCarthy and Schneiderlin feel they aren't getting enough time and want to go we will need another midfielder. If Walcott goes we have room for a winger. If Baines is gone we probably need left back cover. A second GK who has played a Premier League game might be good. There are a lot of question marks but the bottom line for me is this: outside of Digne we can probably improve every position and if someone like Malcom is available we should be trying to make it happen.

Really dont need to be signing any wingers if lookman and onyekuru stay.

Gomes or Gomes replacement if he goes to Spurs.
Zouma or another CB
Striker

Are all more pressing issues for us

Neither of Lookman or Onyekuru are any good on the right.

Leaving us with

LF -- Bernard / Lookman / Onyekuru
RF -- Richarlison

+ Walcott / Bolasie / Mirallas

Makes sense to sell one of Lookman/ Onyekuru + the other 3 and bring in a right sided player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back