Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea and United are about it I think. One might be banned and the other might be avoiding that type of signing after getting burnt by Sanchez

Not sure if a deal was in the offing I could see him back at Mordor or Spurs too, particularly if Eriksens contract isn’t sorted out. Like I say think there’s a market there.

I’d be very surprised if Chelsea’s ban isn’t postponed for this window. They’ve gone to CAS and pretty sure they have form for suspending bans.

May well be wrong but that’s my take on it.
No doubt.

I reckon Chelsea could do with the ban to see how good some of their loan players are myself.

One trick pony in my opinion but it is a good trick

Think he’s decent in truth, capable of double figures of goals and assists in the back front three positions, decent dribbler, has set pieces in his locker and can control the tempo of a game.

One of those players, who won’t thrive being one of many stars in a team, but make him a key focal point you will get a tune out of him, still 26 too, you’ll get his best years on a five year contract. The juice could be worth the squeeze for some, not for us mind.

We’re fully loaded in his position, with our own Brazilian and the Gylfmeister.

Think he’s decent in truth, capable of double figures of goals and assists in the back front three positions, decent dribbler, has set pieces in his locker and can control the tempo of a game.

One of those players, who won’t thrive being one of many stars in a team, but make him a key focal point you will get a tune out of him, still 26 too, you’ll get his best years on a five year contract. The juice could be worth the squeeze for some, not for us mind.

We’re fully loaded in his position, with our own Brazilian and the Gylfmeister.
I personally don't rate him that highly even and would prefer we signed someone younger with room to grow

I personally don't rate him that highly even and would prefer we signed someone younger with room to grow

Though I think he’s a good player, I wouldn’t disagree, his last full season in the PL, he was posting Richarlison and Gylfmeister no’s, not a player we need, nor do I think we will be shopping in a market above 40 mill on a player myself.

For some in the top six though he’s a good buy, Spurs and Chelsea need to be replacing a lot of goals and assists if Hazard and Eriksen leave. While Utd will sign anyone on a whim really.

I woke up this morning and saw 20+ pages in this thread so assumed we had signed someone...or at least lots of rumours...

I went to newsnow...nothing....so started to read this thread page by page

All i got was numerous messages with variants on how Bermard is rubbish and Lookman should have more game time...over and over...

Until finally:

He's not as good as Gylfi, Jota, Fraser, Anderson, Deulofeu, Maddison or Zaha. That's half right there. And don't disrespect Pienaar with this comparison. Steven produced in the penalty area.
I'd straight swap him for Iwobi Mkhitaryan Rashford Lingard or Martial tomorrow.
Seriously I'd swap straight up Bernard for any of them.

Honestly, 20 pages for this? Also you posted that you werent old enough to see Limpar but comparing him to Bernard wasnt a compliment?

Words fail me. I cant even make a joke about it...its just so bizarre to me.

I have no idea what these roles and positions you are speaking about, but in theory, Lookman is the perfect backup to Bernard from an attack standpoint. His natural position is on the left cutting in to score.

That being said, Onyenkuru is interesting, but I'm not sure he's quite good enough to play for us. He's got talent, super quick, intelligence, makes great runs, quality on the ball, but I'm just not blown away by his work rate or his impact on a game. He's very young for a very senior and physical league, but he should do better. He just seems too relaxed away from the ball. Now the second they break, he takes off like a rocket, but I'd like to see more work rate and more activity coming back for the ball. He should be dominating games, but he doesn't do that at all.

So there's quality, but not sure he's the type that would do well in the PL.

The 'problem' we have is that (initially) Richarlison, Bernard, Lookman and now Onyekuru are all left sided players.

Now of course Richarlison has shown he can play all across the front 3 so thats shifts him to the right.

But the other 3, none of them seem very good on the right side and do we really need 3 players for one position?

Malcom as a right sided player that can cut in on his left is ideal. Beg to take him on loan.

Loan with a buy clause would be nice. Hes would be an interesting signing.

However, at least one of the wide players needs to be a goal threat and with both Bernard and Malcom that doesnt seem too likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back