Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard is a great player, the only issue fir me is he doesn’t score goals very similar to pienaar in that respect. And even though he’s now had a season in the prem you still wouldn’t back him to get 5 next season. Add DCL scoring 6 and there is our problem.

If one of your front 3 doesn’t score it puts so much pressure on the other 2. We seen so many games last season that we dominated in spells, Arsenal away is one, for an hour and missed chances.

I think he would suit playing in the 10 role. He wouldn’t score as many as Siggurdsson but he would create a lot more. And would graft just as hard. To break the top 6/4 if we aren’t going to score as many as the other top teams, we will be relaying on winning 1-0 on a regular basis, which is very difficult to keep doing.

We need a front 3 that will score 50 to 60 goals.
I agree we need more goals out of him, but I do think he is undervalued by a great many people as well, who would better see his value by what would be lacking if he was replaced. His build up play is very good and he creates a lot of dangerous opportunities. Maybe more influential however is his very high work rate and eagerness to get back defensively. If Lookman had played the same position this season, I reckon he probably would have scored 2-3 more goals.......but as a team we would have conceded 5-6. Bernard at times made saving tackles, and got back to break up very dangerous plays consistently. While that doesnt help you on the offensive end, you want to eventually have every player be a plus positive on either end of the Goal Differential, which Bernard is now.

Bernards pressing as a 10 would be great, but Im not sure it would be more valuable than his great cover for Digne allowing him to get up the pitch and create opportunities.

Nah. If we actually get linked I might.

I agree mate, every time I open this thread its just pages and pages of random obscure shouts from various leagues from our resident World Football scouts...

I fail to see how half the posts are related to the Everton transfer window though! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.