Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Solva is the players to the play the formation he wants. Gueye can’t ply the base of a 433 as his passing isn’t good enough. Siggurdson can’t play anything other than number 10 so as long as both are here we can’t play any system other than 4231. I think selling Gueye would be a good move but I know most wont agree with me.

Or keep him and sign different types of CMs for different systems ;)

Anyone else think we might not be not signing a 'traditional' out and out striker, a number 9 or whatever you want to call them?

There doesn't seem to be many credible links so far for that type of player, and being honest (not that i'm an encyclopedia) i can't think of that many we can easily get, who would be of sufficient quality to push us into the top 6 guaranteed.

Strikes me the likes of Neres, Malcolm, Traore, all seem to be predominantly Right Wing Forwards but can also play through the middle.

Are we gonna see Richarlison given another go down the middle if we can get a right winger that suits Silva's template.

Possibly rotating to play through the middle on occasion and Richarlison on the right?

I'm not saying i necessarily agree with the above, however, there is a team not so far away that has 'decent' success playing an interchangeable front 3 without an orthodox 9.

Seems to be the way based on links, but on the other hand, just because there's no links, doesn't mean we're not interested. I suppose there's many factors, maybe brands believes he can't do anything until tosun or niasse or both have been offloaded. There's also then the chance that everything is a merry go round that needs to start somewhere e.g. If griezmann went to barca, athletico would need to buy and it starts a domino effect.

You'd think striker would be our main priority, but I suppose even if it is, it doesn't mean that has to be the first signing.

I used to be ITK I had a great contact , one of the best possible for transfers apart from the manager and chairman pretty much. They were responsible for arranging travel and accomodation for staff and players as one of their duties. He was quite high up , I gave up when I posted about a player coming in for talks and got dogs abuse so I didn’t bother anymore and now I’m not sure if the fella still works there . The info was good and it hit the papers a week later and the player signed for Blackburn. This was back before GOT on another old Everton forum
Was that before or after you knee injury:coffee:

Wasnt Lookman £7.5mil rising to £11mil ?

Vlasic was about £9mil, (just over €10mil)

Onyekuru £7mil

But none of them were signed by Silva / Brands and all were potentially profitable signings...we would double our money on all of them.

If his mum is his agent then we probably have a good chance as he would play every week + we would pay. They seem to be her 2 big concerns.

Jacuzzis are awesome

A jacuzzi with you would be frightening lol

Anyone else think we might not be not signing a 'traditional' out and out striker, a number 9 or whatever you want to call them?

There doesn't seem to be many credible links so far for that type of player, and being honest (not that i'm an encyclopedia) i can't think of that many we can easily get, who would be of sufficient quality to push us into the top 6 guaranteed.

Strikes me the likes of Neres, Malcolm, Traore, all seem to be predominantly Right Wing Forwards but can also play through the middle.

Are we gonna see Richarlison given another go down the middle if we can get a right winger that suits Silva's template.

Possibly rotating to play through the middle on occasion and Richarlison on the right?

I'm not saying i necessarily agree with the above, however, there is a team not so far away that has 'decent' success playing an interchangeable front 3 without an orthodox 9.

I certainly hope not, as that would mean we`d be an injury away from DCL being first choice striker.

He hasn’t been bought at 20 to play under 23 football, he will be either part of the first squad, but maybe not playing regularly this season.

Or he will go on loan
If we can get a work permit for him he'll definitely go into the first team squad. However don't be surprised if he plays the odd game for the U23s as he'll need to get game time under his belt somewhere. That doesn't mean he'll be part of the U23 squad though.

If we can't get a permit he'll go out on loan somewhere in Europe, maybe Germany, France or Holland.

Wasnt Lookman £7.5mil rising to £11mil ?

Vlasic was about £9mil, (just over €10mil)

Onyekuru £7mil

But none of them were signed by Silva / Brands and all were potentially profitable signings...we would double our money on all of them.

If his mum is his agent then we probably have a good chance as he would play every week + we would pay. They seem to be her 2 big concerns.

Jacuzzis are awesome
I'd prefer we didn't sell any of those three but double should be the absolute minimum price. Probably more on Onyekuru tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back