Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think we might not be not signing a 'traditional' out and out striker, a number 9 or whatever you want to call them?

There doesn't seem to be many credible links so far for that type of player, and being honest (not that i'm an encyclopedia) i can't think of that many we can easily get, who would be of sufficient quality to push us into the top 6 guaranteed.

Strikes me the likes of Neres, Malcolm, Traore, all seem to be predominantly Right Wing Forwards but can also play through the middle.

Are we gonna see Richarlison given another go down the middle if we can get a right winger that suits Silva's template.

Possibly rotating to play through the middle on occasion and Richarlison on the right?

I'm not saying i necessarily agree with the above, however, there is a team not so far away that has 'decent' success playing an interchangeable front 3 without an orthodox 9.

I wouldn’t class Firmino as an orthodox number 9.

Sign Lozano. He can play all 3 positions

I thought Richarlison played well as a striker tbh. When we put DCL in there we flopped massively until the Chelsea game when Richarlison moved to the right and the front three started to look balanced again.

If we could get a wife forward and the striking options for the middle were Richarlison and DCL that wouldn’t be the worse thing in the world. Obviously I’d like us to find a young Suárez who will carry us to the top 4 but that only happens to that lot over the park.

Young Suarez- Lozano it is

Young Suarez- Lozano it is

I wonder if this is the target. Seems to have gone very quiet on him after last summer when he was getting linked to Barca. Would be the perfect profile for us.

Digne Bernard Gomes Richarlison Siggurdson Gueye Lozano

Surely that lot should be able to win a carabao cup ffs.

I wonder if this is the target. Seems to have gone very quiet on him after last summer when he was getting linked to Barca. Would be the perfect profile for us.

Digne Bernard Gomes Richarlison Siggurdson Gueye Lozano

Surely that lot should be able to win a carabao cup ffs.

I’d love him here. He’s quick, he’s skilful but more importantly he’s a fighter. His movements remind me of Suarez and Aguero.

Rabiot sounds a smokescreen to try push Barca into agreeing a deal for Gomes - highly doubt he'll come here.

For me I would go Haller and Lozano/Neres whichever wing Richarlison isnt playing on.

If Haller is a no go for me Wilson would be a good signing - pacey, presses from the front, can score and assist so would work in an attacking trio. People will turn their noses up as he isn't a sexy name but he is the sort of player we would have signed under Moyes like Lescott, Baines, Jags etc just more expensive.

Rabiot sounds a smokescreen to try push Barca into agreeing a deal for Gomes - highly doubt he'll come here.

For me I would go Haller and Lozano/Neres whichever wing Richarlison isnt playing on.

If Haller is a no go for me Wilson would be a good signing - pacey, presses from the front, can score and assist so would work in an attacking trio. People will turn their noses up as he isn't a sexy name but he is the sort of player we would have signed under Moyes like Lescott, Baines, Jags etc just more expensive.
Only problem is his injury record. Saying that, I'd still have Vardy.

I’d love him here. He’s quick, he’s skilful but more importantly he’s a fighter. His movements remind me of Suarez and Aguero.

I genuinely believe we’re not that far away from a good side. I know people on here will say I’m crazy but when I look through the 11 I think we’re only a Lozano type signing or two from a top team (dependent on us keeping Zouma and Gomes)

I think the turn around in this first season has been bigger than the results show. Silva got unlucky with the derby gut punch that threw us off track and the cup game was a disaster (aided by corrupt refereeing). It could have very easily been a season where we returned to the Europa league and reached the cup semi all immediately after the shambles of Allardyce.

If we cut out the brain farts (Jags, Richarlison), don’t allow our poor form to be quite so relegation level bad, and have another good window I genuinely believe this team could deliver next season even though no one expects them to.

I actually think we underperformed last season given the talent in the team. They started showing it towards the end when the shackles were off.

Anyone else think we might not be not signing a 'traditional' out and out striker, a number 9 or whatever you want to call them?

There doesn't seem to be many credible links so far for that type of player, and being honest (not that i'm an encyclopedia) i can't think of that many we can easily get, who would be of sufficient quality to push us into the top 6 guaranteed.

Strikes me the likes of Neres, Malcolm, Traore, all seem to be predominantly Right Wing Forwards but can also play through the middle.

Are we gonna see Richarlison given another go down the middle if we can get a right winger that suits Silva's template.

Possibly rotating to play through the middle on occasion and Richarlison on the right?

I'm not saying i necessarily agree with the above, however, there is a team not so far away that has 'decent' success playing an interchangeable front 3 without an orthodox 9.

I might be in the minority here but i'm perfectly happy with DCL as our starting centre forward with Richarlison & another winger/striker hybrid covering for him as backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back