Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When my first post in about 18 months was hit with a bit of over zealous moderation in another thread yesterday, I had contemplating getting off for good. But the shenanigans in here so far tonight have put a much needed smile on my face!

Been away for a bit as well Bill, you used to be a regular around these parts?

I know it’s very childish but I genuinely find it hysterical when people get so wound up over peoples posts that they offer to meet up for a scrap. I need to grow up.
Once people are tired of internet strangers wanting to fight the internet will cease to be.

Been away for a bit as well Bill, you used to be a regular around these parts?
I've been on here for about 10 years or so. Not the most active as my job often took me away for a while but drop in where I can. Just had a longer than usual absence due to life taking over. Its good to see some things haven't changed!!

Just read that we were close to signing Moussa Sissoko after Mosh paid for his holiday to lure him in, only for Sissoko to come home and develop the holiday snaps to find a picture of some hotel guy with his toothbrush up his arse.

If we’d never gone in for him, Spurs would never have matched our bid and signed him just to stop us getting him, and he would never have played in the Champions League final and decided to perform aerobics in his own penalty area in the first 15 seconds of the game. Essentially, Steve Walsh won Liverpool the Champions League.

Mate don't get carried away with him, he's replaceable and 30mill is a great deal.

30mil was a great deal about 3 seasons ago, now it’s average player price.

It won't cost double that to replace him. That's just a lazy rhetoric that is continually spouted.

He's a prime example that players can be found when you have the right people looking in the right places. £7m was a 'waste of money' when we picked him up from relegated Aston Villa. However that fee has proven to be a bargain. As have many, many other lower priced signings.

It’s not a lazy rhetoric at all, most people’s favourite to replace him is Doucoure; we wouldn’t get him without breaking the 50mil barrier. Then pay him the wages that a 50mil player expects. Gana is already at the club, outperforming nearly every player we have on a consistent basis and will be on a relatively low contract. There is no need at all to sell him.

If we’d never gone in for him, Spurs would never have matched our bid and signed him just to stop us getting him, and he would never have played in the Champions League final and decided to perform aerobics in his own penalty area in the first 15 seconds of the game. Essentially, Steve Walsh won Liverpool the Champions League.
Trying to get me mind off them by spewing some bollocks to entertain meself but you've just gone and reminded me again. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back