Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coleman £10mil
Keane £15mil
Schneiderlin £12mil
Gana £23mil
Besic £5mil
Sigurdsson £20mil
Dowell £12mil
Bolasie £5mil
Walcott £12mil
Tosun £15mil
Niasse £10mil

£129mil

Some pennies for the rest...

Id say my initial £115mil is achievable...?

Which mugs are paying 12M for Schneiderlin and then convincing ho to give up his 120k p/w contract?

Some of those other fees look generous too. You've got to think about what team is going to buy them, and then if that team want, or even could, afford the wages the layer os currently on?

The problem is the contracts they are on. A lot of teams would want these players. But not at the inflated wage they are currently on. That completely dictates the ability to ask for a transfer fee that reflects their value.

Let's take Schneiderlin as an example. Realistically he's a 8-12M pound player. His current level is probably that of a 50-60k p/w player. Club X look to buy him and think 10M fee plus 60k p/w over a 4 year contract. Thats about 22M in total , excluding agent fee, image rights etc.. Club X think it's worth the risk at a 22M investment. Problem is that Schniederlin is on 120k p/w and quite understandably doesn't want to take a considerable pay cut. He'll take 100k p/w over 4 years instead. Suddenly his overall package is not 22M but 33M. Club X aren't interested anymore unless a) Everton reduce the transfer fee by 10M or b) Everton subsidise a proportion of his wages (i.e 10M over the course of his new contract).

That same situation is replicated by most of the players we would want to move on the summer. Very few will be wanted by clubs who'll pay the same wages as us. Therefore transfer fees will be significantly reduced compared to the market value of the player or will be subsidising wages for the length of their current contract.

It's a rubbish situation but one that has come about through poor managerial and DoF appointments and subsequent poor transfer dealings by these individuals. The strategic thinking at the top level of the club has been horrendous in recent years. People will look for the quick fix of binning Silva but serious questions need to be asked of those at the very top of the club.

Has a club ever sold 21 players in a single summer?

And then bought 10-15?

Seems an incredible, and frankly absurd, amount of business to do in 1 summer. Unless a load of players leave on free transfers.

It's be somewhere between 5-10 players out the door. And 3-5 players in the door.

No team can do all their business in 1 transfer window. It's going to take a while to sort out the squad and the mess that the managerial decision by Moshiri/Kenwright have cause. I reckon this summer and another summer window before we can think of a Top 6 challenge. That's even if things go well.
Fifa mate. Easily done.

And then bought 10-15?

Seems an incredible, and frankly absurd, amount of business to do in 1 summer. Unless a load of players leave on free transfers.

It's be somewhere between 5-10 players out the door. And 3-5 players in the door.

No team can do all their business in 1 transfer window. It's going to take a while to sort out the squad and the mess that the managerial decision by Moshiri/Kenwright have cause. I reckon this summer and another summer window before we can think of a Top 6 challenge. That's even if things go well.
I hope Marcel is reading this post and thinking, "challenge accepted."

Then back to drinking his espresso and thinking about important things like architecture, opera and classical music and 18th Century philosophy rather than boring stuff like Everton and trading out guff and bringing in decent players.

And then bought 10-15?

Only Chapecoense FC can boast that sort of player turnover.

Coleman £10mil
Keane £15mil
Schneiderlin £12mil
Gana £23mil
Besic £5mil
Sigurdsson £20mil
Dowell £12mil
Bolasie £5mil
Walcott £12mil
Tosun £15mil
Niasse £10mil

£129mil

Personally think these are way off, only Keane maybe would get that much. We would have to take serious hits on most of them to subsidise wages.

Coleman £10mil
Keane £15mil
Schneiderlin £12mil
Gana £23mil
Besic £5mil
Sigurdsson £20mil
Dowell £12mil
Bolasie £5mil
Walcott £12mil
Tosun £15mil
Niasse £10mil

£129mil

I think we will struggle on a lot of these mate. I suspect Tosun, Bolasie, Schneiderlin & Coleman would all be loan offers only for a start.

And then bought 10-15?

Aston Villa. They then went and got themselves relegated like right biffs

Coleman £10mil
Keane £15mil
Schneiderlin £12mil
Gana £23mil
Besic £5mil
Sigurdsson £20mil
Dowell £12mil
Bolasie £5mil
Walcott £12mil
Tosun £15mil
Niasse £10mil

£129mil

WOW.

Just the 10-15 signings needed in the summer then. In all honesty mate, and i mean this in the nicest way possible, but that's absolutely cuckoo.

Here's my valuation based on age, ability, form, remaining length of contract, desire to win & what clubs are likely to offer.
Coleman £3m
Keane £8m
Schneiderlin £2m
Gana £15m
Besic £2.5m
Sigurdsson £10m
Dowell £2m
Bolasie £2.5m
Walcott Zilch
Tosun £5m
Niasse £5m

£55m
That should get us one decent striker, a large reduction in wages and a manager who knows how to coach the art of defence and attack.

The transfer fees aren't the point mate. It's the wages we are giving them and the fact that nobody else will.

Is there a list of players contracts and lengths somewhere?

Coleman £10mil
Keane £15mil
Schneiderlin £12mil
Gana £23mil
Besic £5mil
Sigurdsson £20mil
Dowell £12mil
Bolasie £5mil
Walcott £12mil
Tosun £15mil
Niasse £10mil

£129mil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back