Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you mean mate.

But France, or more specifically Ile de France or Greater Paris, is the new hotbed of world football. No doubt about it.

There are 235,000 playing youth football in the region, with 30,000 coaches. The region account for a third of the players in League 1 and nearly 60 of the players who took part on the last world cup were born there..

Young and French is the way to go. Bring them in young. We want tomorrow's Upamecano and Ndombele

Benoit Badiashile & Boukary Soumare then?

Think he went off injured to be fair. But that kind of makes my second point he picked up a niggly injury and couldn't play when we needed him ( think digne was banned at the time maybe ) he seems to pick up a lot these days

He was available most of the other games I think, just bad luck in this case

You specifically stated Bale though which is what I based my answer on. I couldn’t be bothered to do a breakdown for the Modric transfer.

I’ve said elsewhere in this thread and others that we have to get used to our players leaving if they are desperate to go. If they aren’t then I think we should try to keep them. Clearly Gana wasn’t desperate to go as he played fantastically for the rest of the season.

I didn’t forget Capoue by the way.

‘You mean like spurs did with modric and bale?’ Is exactly what I said.

We will have to agree to disagree (I could have mentioned Coutinho for the Sh*te as another example btw). I used those two clubs as examples as they are going on the right direction, and don’t have oil money funding them.

Gana was pretty keen to go to PSG, by all accounts. But he’s a model pro, tbf he played his best all round game for us in that last half season. I’d expect no less from him though. Also we don’t know what’s been agreed between him and the club. I’d be fine with him staying, but in my head he’s unlikely to be here next year if PSG comes back in for him.

....the bottom line with these youngsters is that they have to shift the players in the first team. Any youngster at Chelsea has to be outstanding, they won’t get game time in the hope they prove good enough. Chelsea will show you their cups to show the strategy works.

It’s similar here, we can’t give youngsters a run to see if they’re good enough. I’m on record as saying Dowell should’ve got game time rather than go to Forest, but that was because he was a better option (in my opinion) than Lennon.
I'm not chastising Chelsea for not playing them. It's harder to break into their team than it is ours. I'm saying they made mistakes by holding onto the players and loaning them out rather than selling them. In doing so they stalled the players development and also missed out on the chance to bring in a decent fee when their stock was high.

They have the same issue now with the likes of Loftus Cheek, Hudson Odoi, Abrahams, McEachran mk 2, Mount, Tomori, Reece James, Clarke-Salter. They need to make a decision on these players as otherwise I fear many of them, despite their current high stock, will go by the wayside.

‘You mean like spurs did with modric and bale?’ Is exactly what I said.

We will have to agree to disagree (I could have mentioned Coutinho for the Sh*te as another example btw). I used those two clubs as examples as they are going on the right direction, and don’t have oil money funding them.

Gana was pretty keen to go to PSG, by all accounts. But he’s a model pro, tbf he played his best all round game for us in that last half season. I’d expect no less from him though. Also we don’t know what’s been agreed between him and the club. I’d be fine with him staying, but in my head he’s unlikely to be here next year if PSG comes back in for him.
What you said insinuated that Spurs improved after selling Bale when in fact it was the opposite.

Gana would be very difficult to replace in mm opinion and is worth more to us than £30m or whatever. Coutinho for £140m is a completely different kettle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back