Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines in for an injured Digne for any length of time sees us shipping goals.

He is not a defender, and he now doesn't even have the speed to get into position.

Digne/Baines at RB is a calamity in the making. It'll wreck thje season if we have Digne injured.

I am losing faith in Brands if he's handing contracts to 34 year olds.

What happened to the 25 years and younger rule?
1. Baines performed superbly when called upon last season and I have no doubt he will do so again when he is required.
2. You have never exhibited any faith in Brands anyway, quite the opposite in fact.

I’m fairly confident we will sign Gomes
Chelsea have broken their own rule and given an over 30 yr old Luiz a 2 year contract
Rudiger and Christensen are there as well
Ampadu can play CB / sweeper and they have a couple of good youngsters returning from loan
Zouma will realise he won’t get regular game time at Chelsea and may push for a move and Chelsea rarely keep players who ask for a transfer
I think the transfer ban will be suspended leaving Chelsea free to sign players if needed so they can replace Zouma if required
All this may change with a new manager of course

My predicted ins:
Dacoure
Gomes
Zouma
Wizard kid Santiago or whatever hes called
Malcolm on loan
Striker out the bag
Rb not meunier but someone marcel conjures up like he did with luca

Outs:
Schneids
Yagyelka (cheers jags lad)
William's
Mirallas
Niasse
Jenk
Jimmy mac
Mo besic
Onyekuru
Vlasic
Martina
Kenny (loan)
Bolasie
Tarashajjjjj
Sandro

Fun times ahead. Earn yer beans now Marcel.

Doucoure would be a premium outlay for a player who looked utterly useless against the very best sides last season. A good player, but not worth what Watford would insist on.

Hiring Brands was to avoid those sorts of financial mistakes.

It’s not pedantic at all. You said he was over 30 yet he hasn’t even turned 30 yet. People do this a lot to strengthen their argument who want to flood the team with unproven youngsters. I’ve seen @Zatara has liked a few of your posts so it makes sense now.

You’ve clearly got a short memory because when Spurs sold Bale they bought about 7 players with the money and sacked their manager about 6 months later due to poor results. When Liverpool sold Suarez they’d just missed out on the league and the following season they finished 7th and Rodgers lost his job.

I fail to see how either of those examples represent success.

For the sake of it let’s break the Spurs situation down.

With the Bale money Spurs bought: Soldado (flop), Lamela (decent but hasn’t lived up to expectations), Chiriches (flop), Paulinho (flop), Eriksen (success), Capoue (flop), Chadli (flop)

Hardly a resounding success.

You’re saying that spurs’ policy of selling their best players at a premium isn’t a resounding success, but since 2013 when they sold modric (their best player) and finished 6 points behind us to now, and now we’re nowhere near them.

FYI you missed Capuoe, Dembele, Vertongan, Lloris and Rose off your list. Modric and Bale, I said.

If we’re adopting Brands previous models I’d get used to selling our ‘best’ players.

Is it 1998 again
Not sure what you mean mate.

But France, or more specifically Ile de France or Greater Paris, is the new hotbed of world football. No doubt about it.

There are 235,000 playing youth football in the region, with 30,000 coaches. The region account for a third of the players in League 1 and nearly 60 of the players who took part on the last world cup were born there..

Young and French is the way to go. Bring them in young. We want tomorrow's Upamecano and Ndombele

You’re saying that spurs’ policy of selling their best players at a premium isn’t a resounding success, but since 2013 when they sold modric (their best player) and finished 6 points behind us to now, and now we’re nowhere near them.

FYI you missed Capuoe, Dembele, Vertongan, Lloris and Rose off your list. Modric and Bale, I said.

If we’re adopting Brands previous models I’d get used to selling our ‘best’ players.
You specifically stated Bale though which is what I based my answer on. I couldn’t be bothered to do a breakdown for the Modric transfer.

I’ve said elsewhere in this thread and others that we have to get used to our players leaving if they are desperate to go. If they aren’t then I think we should try to keep them. Clearly Gana wasn’t desperate to go as he played fantastically for the rest of the season.

I didn’t forget Capoue by the way.

Not sure what you mean mate.

But France, or more specifically Ile de France or Greater Paris, is the new hotbed of world football. No doubt about it.

There are 235,000 playing youth football in the region, with 30,000 coaches. The region account for a third of the players in League 1 and nearly 60 of the players who took part on the last world cup were born there..

Young and French is the way to go. Bring them in young. We want tomorrow's Upamecano and Ndombele

I'd like to uncover some Mbappes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back