Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My predicted ins:
Dacoure
Gomes
Zouma
Wizard kid Santiago or whatever hes called
Malcolm on loan
Striker out the bag
Rb not meunier but someone marcel conjures up like he did with luca

Outs:
Schneids
Yagyelka (cheers jags lad)
William's
Mirallas
Niasse
Jenk
Jimmy mac
Mo besic
Onyekuru
Vlasic
Martina
Kenny (loan)
Bolasie
Tarashajjjjj
Sandro

Fun times ahead. Earn yer beans now Marcel.
Agree with all the ins except Dacoure , he wants CL football
I’ve a feeling Morgan will stay and either one or both of Vlasic /Henry will be kept

He was injured for that game mate and shouldn’t have played , was a doubt all week and ended up going off in the first half didn’t he?

Think he went off injured to be fair. But that kind of makes my second point he picked up a niggly injury and couldn't play when we needed him ( think digne was banned at the time maybe ) he seems to pick up a lot these days

Ricarlison plays CF for Brazil so it’s only natural he wants to play the same position for us to improve his game and cement his place in the Brazil team
International football is more important to Brazilians than club football

He doesn’t though. He plays on the right of a front 3

....I really can’t see the point in such loans. The lad is well thought of at this point in time, he should be sold. Of course, if he does well his stock will rise, but if he doesn’t his value will drop and he’ll have a year less on his contract.

Ah well, it’s a great move for Kenny and i’m sure Brands knows what he’s doing.
Agree
If he’s not good enough sell him
There’s 15/20 m to be got for him from a Palace ,Burnley or a promoted side

It's always a difficult decision to make Eggs, especially with players like Kenny, who you know are good enough for a career in the premier, but not sure whether they can take that next step up in quality to be "our" next first choice.

I look at clubs like Chelsea as a yardstick simply because they have had a lot of promising young English players come through their ranks over the last 10 years or so. And I think Chelsea have got it badly wrong in the past. They have tended to hang onto young talent but loan them out rather than play them themselves. Many of these players are still earning a living in the lower divisions. Players like Josh McEachran, Lewis Baker, Patrick Bamford, Michael Mancienne spring to mind, but I'm sure there are many more. Players they held on to far too long and who's careers stalled as a result. they would have been far better off selling them when their stock was still high.

Maybe we're at that position now with the likes of Kenny, Dowell, Lookman and even Davies. Do we sell them when their stock is still high?

....the bottom line with these youngsters is that they have to shift the players in the first team. Any youngster at Chelsea has to be outstanding, they won’t get game time in the hope they prove good enough. Chelsea will show you their cups to show the strategy works.

It’s similar here, we can’t give youngsters a run to see if they’re good enough. I’m on record as saying Dowell should’ve got game time rather than go to Forest, but that was because he was a better option (in my opinion) than Lennon.

Could be to put him on the shop window. We get no value in terms of contract winding down etc. for Kenny as he was from the academy so all the accounting book value stuff is probably irrelevant. If he has a season at Schalke we may be able to the then flog him at a decent price and we’ve had his wages off our books for a year. If he stays on the bench here then interest in him might be minimal.
I though Burnley and Palace were interested
A year in the PL would put him in the shop window and increase his value more than a year in the Bundesliga

I actually don't disagree with you here. The only thing is, we have Moonhead and the EasyJet Walsh's legacy here and aging players from Moyes and Martinez gumming up the works still. If Brands shifts all those, we might have a chance at getting into strengthening the back up roles.

I believe that Digne was bought in to take over from Baines over last season and then cement his role as first choice in the upcoming season. Digne however has excelled rendering Baines obsolete. Digne has accelerated the need for a decent long term replacement that can challenge him. It's a total credit to Digne from me - Brands/ Silva need to react, but again, there are probably more urgent positions to fill that require immediate attention and the plan for keeping Baines (if there actually was one) for the year still would hold.

Baines for a year is a pragmatic choice. It's blocking up an end in cricket with an obstinate player to prevent you losing wickets and hoping you can eke out runs the other end. It's not ideal, but it is a decent enough short term option if it means that we can get to a place where short term-ism is able to be swapped for a more long term sustainable set up that caters for long term improvement.

I'd say the same thing about the new back up keeper. They don't have many more free passes from me to do this type of thing though. A couple of swift moves for high quality players that improve the team and transfer outs of 'fringe' players is required sooner rather than later to steady the nerves this summer and let us calm down before the next season starts.

EDIT: About the RB comment. If Digne or Baines are starting at RB next season because we haven't got a new RB to challenge Coleman's first team place in the very near future I will be highly disappointed.
The keeper signing was a shrewd move
He will be second choice for 2/3 seasons and will rarely play
In 3 years time country roads should be capable of stepping up to challenge Pickford

You're not willing to see it. You have too much sentiment.

Want to see our own silverware rather than gnawing your hands away at seeing that lot winning a big trophy? Get better players in and stop thinking small. The club will live you for that, but we'll get nowhere.
Dave
Striker
RW
CM X 2
CB
RB
Those 6 positions are much more important than a back up left back
It’s not an endless pot of money
We still have some of the crap BBS bought and a lot of the crap Koeman bought to get rid of before we can start buying back ups

It's always a difficult decision to make Eggs, especially with players like Kenny, who you know are good enough for a career in the premier, but not sure whether they can take that next step up in quality to be "our" next first choice.

I look at clubs like Chelsea as a yardstick simply because they have had a lot of promising young English players come through their ranks over the last 10 years or so. And I think Chelsea have got it badly wrong in the past. They have tended to hang onto young talent but loan them out rather than play them themselves. Many of these players are still earning a living in the lower divisions. Players like Josh McEachran, Lewis Baker, Patrick Bamford, Michael Mancienne spring to mind, but I'm sure there are many more. Players they held on to far too long and who's careers stalled as a result. they would have been far better off selling them when their stock was still high.

Maybe we're at that position now with the likes of Kenny, Dowell, Lookman and even Davies. Do we sell them when their stock is still high?
I’d sell Kenny Dowell Lookman and Davies if the right offers came in
There’s 80m worth of Under 21 English talent right there
There should be no shortage of takers
Spend that 80 m and the wages on a top quality CF and you lose nothing from the first 11 and gain everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back