Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
2017/2019 Alderwiereld would top my list on best tacklers worthy of a 10
Really? He's a terrific player and a really clean player that rarely fouls. But he averages maybe a tackle a game. So maybe he is - he's good at pretty much everything - but he doesnt do it often, even for his position.

He looked kinda pedestrian. But it was one match and the Brazil team was on average 3 to 4 years older than the French team. For whatever reason he didn't see the ball much. Mostly because France was pretty compact. So it was tough to tell.

I do wonder what happens when he returns to Fluminense, though. That kid Joao Pedro looks incredible.
He has been introduced into the starting line at Fluminense but is having a bit of a slower start which is understandable. Just came back from a long injury that hit his fitness pretty hard. We've seen that Coleman took a little to get going again and I don't doubt that his still has it in him.

Really? He's a terrific player and a really clean player that rarely fouls. But he averages maybe a tackle a game. So maybe he is - he's good at pretty much everything - but he doesnt do it often, even for his position.
Sorry it was the 2016/2017 season that he hit 85% tackle success rate with 41 successful tackles 9 fouls committed and only 1 yellow card all season. I know Gana hits something like 100 every season but the great VVD only had 38 tackles at 74% success rate last season.

Yes please!!

Very good player, he almost took Getafe to UCL practically on his own

Dakonam was linked last summer too...could just be his agent...havent paid attention to him....Zouma-esque?

15M is still pretty high for these kids, but it helps get them a work permit I guess. It's still a sizeable investment.

I havent seen either of them bar youtube.

However, if Brands has been watching them with his team of SA scouts then i feel very positive.

Both are positions we need and to get into Argentinas starting lineup at any level you must be pretty good...

About the money, if its £25mil for the pair of them then i think its reasonable simply because if one ot them comes good we make our money back and if just one of them hits Richarlison levels we double our outlay on both players.

He looked kinda pedestrian. But it was one match and the Brazil team was on average 3 to 4 years older than the French team. For whatever reason he didn't see the ball much. Mostly because France was pretty compact. So it was tough to tell.

I do wonder what happens when he returns to Fluminense, though. That kid Joao Pedro looks incredible.

Shame Watford have got him...£2mil fee and if anyone else signs him they need to pay Watford £20mil.

Still, if hes THAT good i dont see why we wouldnt cough up £20mil+ for him as that seems the way were going.

In that case we will have the most expensive U23 team in the Prem

They are expensive future prospects - i think they are even in the subs bench of their own teams (sosa at least is) - good buy but they won't make the first team hugely stronger in a way we need if we want top 6

My son broke his ankle last week. 6 weeks in a protective boot and can’t go anywhere near kicking a ball for 3 months. Safe to say we won’t be signing Reece now.

Yeah ankles are bad things to break got a few mates that done it and had a lot of set backs when getting back into footy, not major ones like re breaks but it would feel fine and just a kick of s ball at full power can set it back again

I think we'll start seeing Richarlison moved inside to CF once Neres starts occupying the RW for Brazil.

Id really like us to mimic this either with Neres or Malcom.

Also, I think perhaps we will be looking to add numbers in depth in key positions like DM and CF with these Argentines and others of similar age and potential...seems better than splashing out huge money -- as long as they improve year on year.

Its the only way we sign top class talent.

For years people have wanted us to take this type of approach and now that we are they’re worrying that these players aren’t good enough. Real Madrid bought Casemiro straight from Brazil and he went into a team winning the CL three times. The talent is there if it’s scouted properly. Too many have been burnt by Stracqualirsi and Leandro Rodriguez.

For years people have wanted us to take this type of approach and now that we are they’re worrying that these players aren’t good enough. Real Madrid bought Casemiro straight from Brazil and he went into a team winning the CL three times. The talent is there if it’s scouted properly. Too many have been burnt by Stracqualirsi and Leandro Rodriguez.

Absolutely, I think we need to trust that we have got an actual talented DOF who can find these players

That Dakonam fella is 5’8. Isnt that a little bit too short for a centre back?

He’s getting shorter by the minute. I’ve read 5’11, 5’10, 5’9 and now 5’8 in various reports.

If he’s got good reading of the game, good positioning and good leap then he doesn’t necessarily need to be 6ft +

Yes he could find it difficult against the bigger strikers but in a similar was the likes of Lewis dunk struggle against quicker strikers. Keane/Mina are tall enough as a partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back