Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...possibly, but I wouldn’t be keen on paying big bucks for a player until he can be registered. I dare say negotiations etc have been going on for a while and perhaps a fee agreed, but contracts signed, announcements made and monies exchanged might only come with registration.
Eggs, it really doesn’t matter mate. Lossl has signed a contract with us that becomes active on July 1st. We’ve seen the pictures of him with Dave Harrison signing the contract. This is despite him still being under contract with Huddersfield until June 31st.

These dates really are only a technicality and don’t stop anyone from making signings.

Hoping we get some decent signings sorted out soon, this weekend has taken some of my love away from football. Gomes needs to be announced.

Eggs, it really doesn’t matter mate. Lossl has signed a contract with us that becomes active on July 1st. We’ve seen the pictures of him with Dave Harrison signing the contract. This is despite him still being under contract with Huddersfield until June 31st.

These dates really are only a technicality and don’t stop anyone from making signings.
June 31st??? No wonder we never get anyone signed early

...possibly, but the English transfer window is open.

If that is true about Depay we won't sign him. Struggling to get rid of the likes of Mirallas, we don't want for of that type. Don't care who you are we need 100% commitment minimum.

they play them

Phil Foden (19) 26 Appearences this season
James Maddison (22) 33 Appearneces this season
Angus Gunn (22) 17 Appearences this season
Trent Alexander Arnold (20) 40 Appearences this seasaon
Dominic Calvert Lewin (22) 38 Appearences this season
Demari Gray (22) 33 Appearences this season
Ryan Sessegnon (19) 33 Appearences this season
Morgan Gibbs White (19) 31 Appearences this season
Harvey Barnes (21) 43 Appearences this season
Aaron Wan Bissaka (21) 39 Appearences this season
Tom Davies (20) 21 Appearences this season
Callum Hudson Odoi (18) 24 Appearences this seaason
Ben Chilwell (22) 36 Appearences this season
Joe Gomez (22) 25 Appearences this season
Declan Rice (20) 36 Appearences this season

Thats not counting the likes of Mason Mount, Jayden Bogle, Max Aarons, Tammy Abraham, Reece James all getting plenty of game time in the championship

Since everyone has shown to be such a fan of me this thread...

...here's what I think would be a stellar window:

Sell: Schneiderlin (10M), Walcott (10M), Bolasie (5M), Niasse (5M), Mirallas (1M), Tosun (15M), Onyenkuru (27M), Tarashaj (free), McCarthy (5M), Besic (2.5M), Dowell (loan again), Vlasic (18M), Garbutt (free), Martina (free), JonJoe Kenny (loan), Beni (loan);
TOTAL: $98.5M fees, 732K a week in salary

Buy for Now: Ibrahim Sangare (25M), Santiago Sosa (15M), Andre Gomes (20M), Josh Brenet (10M), Hirving Lozano (32M), Diego Llorente (25M), Willian Jose (35M), spend $15M on some younger players for the first team (I will spare you silly names that like 5 of you might know).
TOTAL: 179M fees, 515K a week in salary

NET SPEND: 80.5M, SALARY DIFFERENCE: -217K a week.

It won't push us into the top 4 I don't think, but it addresses a lot of our issues. I'm not sure on Llorente and probably wouldn't personally buy Gomes, but they seemed realistic.
I think regarding the players going out, that would be OK, But I think Realistically, if we bring in Gomes + 5 more for the first team, that would be a lot to bed in in one season, any more than that and I think we would be like Tottenham after they sold Bale. They signed 7 players for the first team, everyone thought they were going to be challenging for the title, they lost a few big games and sacked Villas-Boas by Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.