Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely uncalled for.

He didn’t even suggest we’d play all 4 at once - he said if they’re our options that it’s lacking in goals

Saying all 4 won’t deliver goals when no more than 2 should be on the pitch at once, I thought that was odd. None of them play in positions that need to deliver goals. A link in the chain yes, but it’s not their primary objective.

If they are very good at their main roles, job done for them. Gana shields the back 4, tackles & intercepts to win possession back & move play the other way. Gomes controls the play & provides some physicality, Schneiderlin is somewhere in between those 2 but not as good as either. Sosa would be a long term project so not really relevant at this stage.

The majority of goals need to come from a new striker, advanced mids & wingers. Anyone else that can pop up with something every now & then is a bonus

I genuinely believe we’re not that far away from a good side. I know people on here will say I’m crazy but when I look through the 11 I think we’re only a Lozano type signing or two from a top team (dependent on us keeping Zouma and Gomes)

I think the turn around in this first season has been bigger than the results show. Silva got unlucky with the derby gut punch that threw us off track and the cup game was a disaster (aided by corrupt refereeing). It could have very easily been a season where we returned to the Europa league and reached the cup semi all immediately after the shambles of Allardyce.

If we cut out the brain farts (Jags, Richarlison), don’t allow our poor form to be quite so relegation level bad, and have another good window I genuinely believe this team could deliver next season even though no one expects them to.

I actually think we underperformed last season given the talent in the team. They started showing it towards the end when the shackles were off.
Our form against the top 6 was the most impressive, apart from the Spurs home game obviously. City were the better team in both games against us without being totally dominant, but the other games collectively were the best I can remember playing against the top 6, both home and away. Easily on a par with Martinez first season.

It was against the lower teams that we struggled when the pace of our forwards couldn't be utilised. That's where we needed a plan B, a bit more guile in midfield and a genuine goal scorer who comes alive in the box. I also think a fully fit Mina will give us a big edge in those games next season.

I might be in the minority here but i'm perfectly happy with DCL as our starting centre forward with Richarlison & another winger/striker hybrid covering for him as backup
I think in certain games he will be an asset. We certainly play better against the top teams with him in the side. If part of his development next season is scoring a few more goals that would be a huge bonus.

I know, but he's eager to be competitive in the Champions League apparently. He's got more a of a chance of doing that with Napoli than PSV.
Our form against the top 6 was the most impressive, apart from the Spurs home game obviously. City were the better team in both games against us without being totally dominant, but the other games collectively were the best I can remember playing against the top 6, both home and away. Easily on a par with Martinez first season.

It was against the lower teams that we struggled when the pace of our forwards couldn't be utilised. That's where we needed a plan B, a bit more guile in midfield and a genuine goal scorer who comes alive in the box. I also think a fully fit Mina will give us a big edge in those games next season.

Agree beating the lesser sides will come as the side matures more and adds more potency to the attack but the games in the last 3 months of the season have given me so much optimism that with the right acquisitions we shouldn’t be scared of anyone

Totally agree. For as long as I’ve supported Everton we’ve always struggled against teams that park the bus, then usually concede one on the counter

Saying all 4 won’t deliver goals when no more than 2 should be on the pitch at once, I thought that was odd. None of them play in positions that need to deliver goals. A link in the chain yes, but it’s not their primary objective.

If they are very good at their main roles, job done for them. Gana shields the back 4, tackles & intercepts to win possession back & move play the other way. Gomes controls the play & provides some physicality, Schneiderlin is somewhere in between those 2 but not as good as either. Sosa would be a long term project so not really relevant at this stage.

The majority of goals need to come from a new striker, advanced mids & wingers. Anyone else that can pop up with something every now & then is a bonus

That’s fair enough. That wasn’t my main issue with your post though

Gana, Sosa, Gomes, Schneiderlin in midfield. No idea about Sosa but lacking goals from the middle with them four options.
My guess is that Morgan goes and they get another CM/DM that pushes Gomes to the bench most games. That would ideal.

We don't need goals from defensive midfield, though. The lack of creativity is a problem, but I'd much rather have someone else that can win the ball back besides just Gana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back