Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

If Mosh was really clever he'd go balls out for Icardi who Inter have said is on the market. Saying that though this Costa thing is just sound bites even though if he did actually say it.

...it’s funny that very few come back and make us regret the decision to sell. Shane Duffy one of the few. There was anger when Liam Walsh was sold.
...the main point for me, is if these youngsters were truly top drawer then Silva would want them at his disposal. He only sends them on loan because he’s not going to use them.

There’s a general assumption on here, that these are good moves because these players will come back and challenge for 1st team places but the reality is that rarely happens. Galloway and Garbutt going on loan were seen as great moves all around, but the two players have ended up expensive millstones.

I am talking generally, and only aware of the Virginia move when I read your post. Goalkeeper is a unique position, i don’t mind him going out so much although the fact he’s not stepping up as Pickford’s deputy does give me a little doubt.
I tend to agree with Eggs on this one overall Zat. I think we should either keep them as part of the squad so they can develop, or if they aren't good enough at 21 to be part of our squad, then we need to sell. I don't think we should keep loaning them out in the hope they improve. There may be the odd occasion where the upside could be substantial. For instance a player with the natural ability of Dowell. I'd like to see how he did abroad in the German or French league.

My big issue is that, when we do sell them, we should be getting bigger prices than those quoted. Most of these lads are already good enough for the championship and they are only 21/22, so there's a good chance they will improve. We shouldn't be letting them go for £1m or thereabouts. Liverpool, Chelsea and the like don't.

Eggs, as regards those we have let go, I can't think of any in the last 10 years where we made a bad decision. Not one. And I was one of those who was up in arms about Liam Walsh AND Ryan Ledson.

Costa is a good striker but we sit here and talk about how none of the youths should play because they have bad attitudes and we want to bring him in?

It's a different kind of bad attitude I would say. The likes of Lookman and Vlasic (who I assume you're referring to?) have never looked particularly arsed playing for us. Diego Costa on the other hand is literally insane. He would slap his own mother if she looked at him strangely. He gives absolutely everything for his team though.

It's a different kind of bad attitude I would say. The likes of Lookman and Vlasic (who I assume you're referring to?) have never looked particularly arsed playing for us. Diego Costa on the other hand is literally insane. He would slap his own mother if she looked at him strangely. He gives absolutely everything for his team though.
Did he not down tools at Chelsea with the rest of them and kick off to force a move back to Atletico after that?

If Moshiri has to tell Brands that Diego Costa would be the perfect striker for us, then we have the most out-of-their-depth DoF in world football
Surely this is the reason brands was brought into the club to stop situations like this arising ,it's brands and Silva's call
We don't want or need another summer like we had when it seemed koeman,Walsh, moshiri, kenwright all had an input on who we signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back