Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you considered we may not even be looking for a striker.

Liverpool have just won the champions league without playing with a recognised striker.

I know for certain both Silva and Brands see Richarlison’s long term future through the middle and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they’d prefer to play with 3 interchanging goal scoring forwards across the front 3.

Adding players such as Neres and/or Malcolm (both of whom we’ve been linked with in the past) would certainly add more quality to this area and would mean we would be less reliant on certain players (Richarlison and Siggurdson).

Even players such as Kean, Traore and Rodrigo fit this criteria of fast, goals scorers who are all capable of interchanging and playing anywhere across the front 3.

We got about 15 league goals each from Richi and Sig last season. I have no doubt Richi will be better this year again as he’s still improving and is only a kid anyway but if we add another couple of players capable of those numbers, as well as more assists, then we should expect more goals from the players we have now as they get more chances and space.
I feared this might be the way we're trying go, Most of the top clubs seem to adopt this style the only problem is I just don't think Richarlison can handle being played through the middle but maybe having Bernard and another quality winger to add to the three will make it easier.

I get the feeling that Brands et al will take the time they need to get the players that they want. It's kind of what happened with Digne, Mina and Gomes - then Zouma was a punt at the end.

Unfortunate, because it would be better to have the players in early, but that so rarely happens for us. If you think about it, the only way you'd get them in early is by overpaying or only choosing from desperate clubs.

I feared this might be the way we're trying go, Most of the top clubs seem to adopt this style the only problem is I just don't think Richarlison can handle being played through the middle but maybe having Bernard and another quality winger to add to the three will make it easier.

I still think we’ll sign a striker in the Kean, Rodrigo mould but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we went for 2 expensive, fast, goal scoring wide forwards.

We need to score more from midfield and attack to compete higher up. City’s forward line scored 85 last season. Ours was 42. Tosun and Calvert 11 between them. Bernard Gomes and gueye don’t score many so we need to bring in 2 players who will guarantee goals / assists.

Jesus there's some boring sods in here. I'm hardly the most optimistic person when it comes to Everton, but the relentless (fairly baseless) negativity around here is absolutely killing enjoyment of these forums. That plus people making the same jokes as they were making a decade ago and thinking they're so edgy and funny.

Ugh.

Jesus there's some boring sods in here. I'm hardly the most optimistic person when it comes to Everton, but the relentless (fairly baseless) negativity around here is absolutely killing enjoyment of these forums. That plus people making the same jokes as they were making a decade ago and thinking they're so edgy and funny.

Ugh.

Yeah, I barely bother on here anymore for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back