Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I havent, not totally and I would be lying if I even understand it all.

Esk is normally spot on with the money tho to be fair.

And my matchbox maths also have us a bit skint, the same thing I said last summer before we spent about 80m.

I'm not too worried about the money side of things. I think people forget Moshiri's history in accountancy. I think he might know a thing or 2 himself...

Looks like Gomez is close to West Ham too so thats another one we can cross off the linked list.
The linked list, that's one hellova list if we signed just 1% of the linked list we'd have the biggest squad in world football.. imagine everyone on the linked list turned up to USM FF to sign
MusicMidtown_Online_Edit.webp

Looks to me like he's been on the beer, or something stronger, he has Amortisation of 85 million which as far as I can see is our interest free loan from moshiri, and the Esk has lumped it all in as projected expenditure to be paid back this year.

No, the loan from Moshiri is counted as capital, and is 150m. What he has done is estimated what the amort will be, based on a number of 66m this year, which is being counted towards the loss during the year. Whether thats a good estimate I have no idea (seems high though). The other 75m number is the factored loan.

Finding it hard to judge the situation at the moment. Is the lack of spending due to lack of funds or are we playing the waiting game to get the players we want.

It’s a bit worrying when you see that financial stuff from the esk. I can’t claim to have any real knowledge on what he’s saying is true or not but it does come against the backdrop of a January window where the message coming from the club was about the need to sell before buying. Again, it’s hard to know what the truth is or was. Was that a negotiating tactic? Or is it a glimpse into our current financial situation?

Whether there’s 10M or 100M in the coffers, I think it’s fair to claim that we need to try and ship off some players and get the number of playing staff down to a reasonable amount, and in turn, reduce the wage bill to a more manageable level.

In terms of recruitment, I’d guess it will be minimal. Gomes is boxed. Hopefully Zouma is made available by Chelsea. People will look at getting those 2 players as standing still from 2018/19 but I don’t agree. Improvements don’t necessarily have to come from buying new players. There’s a core of players there who are decent. We all know who that 12-15 players are. That continuity of them playing together and becoming more integrated in Silva’s tactics may be the best way to progress.

Realistically it should be viewed as a 3 year project where we are entering Year 2. What we want to see this year is a continuation of the end of season form in 2018/19. The aim should be to be the 7thbest team in the league. People will scoff at that but that’s a realistic aim. With Leicester, Wolves and West Ham investing and having a good core squad also, getting 7thwill be easier said than done. It also gives you the chance of getting 6th or even 5th if the likes of Arsenal or United really struggle.

Finding it hard to judge the situation at the moment. Is the lack of spending due to lack of funds or are we playing the waiting game to get the players we want.

It’s a bit worrying when you see that financial stuff from the esk. I can’t claim to have any real knowledge on what he’s saying is true or not but it does come against the backdrop of a January window where the message coming from the club was about the need to sell before buying. Again, it’s hard to know what the truth is or was. Was that a negotiating tactic? Or is it a glimpse into our current financial situation?

Whether there’s 10M or 100M in the coffers, I think it’s fair to claim that we need to try and ship off some players and get the number of playing staff down to a reasonable amount, and in turn, reduce the wage bill to a more manageable level.

In terms of recruitment, I’d guess it will be minimal. Gomes is boxed. Hopefully Zouma is made available by Chelsea. People will look at getting those 2 players as standing still from 2018/19 but I don’t agree. Improvements don’t necessarily have to come from buying new players. There’s a core of players there who are decent. We all know who that 12-15 players are. That continuity of them playing together and becoming more integrated in Silva’s tactics may be the best way to progress.

Realistically it should be viewed as a 3 year project where we are entering Year 2. What we want to see this year is a continuation of the end of season form in 2018/19. The aim should be to be the 7thbest team in the league. People will scoff at that but that’s a realistic aim. With Leicester, Wolves and West Ham investing and having a good core squad also, getting 7thwill be easier said than done. It also gives you the chance of getting 6th or even 5th if the likes of Arsenal or United really struggle.

Investing dosent equate to success, investing properly does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back