Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

One thing I will say is if this window proves to be mediocre Brands will lose a hella lotta goodwill from those who hold him up on a pedestal as some sort of God.
[/QUOTE]

This ***
He still has some time ... but he's only shifted the young players with some potential ( at a lower price than many expected. ) and soon our top DM . Other than Sandro , the deadwood still remains. Resigning Gomes and utility Delph ( albeit at a good price ) is not going to cut it. Our needs at striker CM and RB are well documented and long standing. Given our opening 2 months of fixtures , we need to hit the ground running !

4/10 so far for me ..... hope to be pleasantly suprised but this is Everton after all

Desperately hoping that we all gonna be surprised when a picture of Brands and contract Dave is released standing next to 3 fantastic signings we’ve not been publicly linked with at all. Belotti would do as the striker for me.

Are there no post match comments from Marco? Not expecting him to dish the dirt on all our targets but it would be nice to hear we’ve got a few incomings about to land!? Unless we haven’t of course... no I’m sure we have.. patience etc

Are there no post match comments from Marco? Not expecting him to dish the dirt on all our targets but it would be nice to hear we’ve got a few incomings about to land!? Unless we haven’t of course... no I’m sure we have.. patience etc

Just said he wants to buy 5(?) players. Also said still talking to Gueye so not a done deal he’s going yet. Although this was from the Echo so god knows.

Silva won’t sign a striker, he wants a top 3 like Liverpool with no actual out and out CF. Playing Richarlison there last year was clear evidence until he realised he can’t play there and had to play DCL.
Firmino is pretty much an out and out centre forward though. He’s not a great goal scorer but he plays the role of a centre forward very well.

Silva:

"Silva wants a centre-back, winger, striker and a new right-back and admits they were forced to “risk” playing Seamus Coleman in both friendly games in Germany.

Asked if he thought it possible for Everton to complete their business in less than two weeks, the manager said: “It should be if you really want to be competitive and to do better than last season.

“Because at the end of the day, it is what we want to do: do better than last season."

He do an interview mate, I only caught a snippet though , it was something along the lines of "Dom showed today why we are in no rush to sign a striker" make of that what you will.

One thing I will say is if this window proves to be mediocre Brands will lose a hella lotta goodwill from those who hold him up on a pedestal as some sort of God.

This ***
He still has some time ... but he's only shifted the young players with some potential ( at a lower price than many expected. ) and soon our top DM . Other than Sandro , the deadwood still remains. Resigning Gomes and utility Delph ( albeit at a good price ) is not going to cut it. Our needs at striker CM and RB are well documented and long standing. Given our opening 2 months of fixtures , we need to hit the ground running !

4/10 so far for me ..... hope to be pleasantly suprised but this is Everton after all
[/QUOTE]

Brands strikes me as being a bit like Levy. Knows the price for ins, outs and contracts etc... and won’t budge. Spurs didn’t sign anyone for a whole window and take Janssen for example - big money signing and wasn’t even registered in their squad, but held out and has now shifted him for a good price.

We’ve been a soft touch for too long, made even worse by the Moshiri/Walsh trolley dash which has put us in this position. Yes, we need reinforcements now or risk going backwards next season, but at what cost for the medium term or a continuation of the current situation of ending up with a load of overpaid dross we can’t shift.

I like him, think he has good acumen and a long term plan that he will stick to. The fact that he been sitting alongside all the scholars when they’re signing shows he is shaping the whole club from the youngest up.

He has inherited a complete mess and will need time to sort it out, so we need to see past just this window and trust him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back