Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Sigurdsson is also on the bench if 3 of the 4 new signings are starting... And we're definitely getting rid of the 3 backups are we? Deals in place yeh?
Pretty sure I said potentially. If we end up being stuck with Besic etc then it will look stupid. Not sure about you but if our bench has Gbamin or say Delph on it instead of Schneiderlin or Davies then that's a big upgrade.

To be perfectly honest, whether you have any clue is irrelevant.

So long as Brands and Silva do it's fine.

I think it's reasonable to ask questions if these huge deals come to fruition.

If they do happen, something has clearly changed at the club, even since the window opened. It suggests a quite radical departure from what I, at least, thought would be the established model. That we would buy young and cheap(er) and sell on at a multiple of what we paid, which in turn would be invested straight back into the squad. I think Zaha would be a decent signing for us, but it is a huge amount of money by our standards. Kean, Gbamin, and Richarlison fit the model, I don't think Zaha does.

I'm as excited as anyone else about what may happen between now and Thursday, with the caveat of hoping there is a rational logic behind our spending. Regardless, we are bound to restraint sooner or later with the stadium to come, it seems odd if we are trying to finalise funding for BMD that we would go on a splurge. You don't convince lenders of your bona fides by embarking on a spending spree.

Even if Usmanov decided to plough cash into the club, it seems we are still going to run foul of FFP next year. I didn't think the club would countenance that so I must admit I'm ignorant as to what the potential penalties are for us if we qualify for Europe.

We have to trust them unless we are given reason not to I guess. I will say I am impressed very much by Brands, much less so by Moshiri. If Brands is the one maintaining control of the ship in the midst of big spending, I would be reassured to a much greater degree.

So Sigurdsson is also on the bench if 3 of the 4 new signings are starting... And we're definitely getting rid of the 3 backups are we? Deals in place yeh?
we will definitely get rid of back ups yes. For how much (either fee or subsidising of wages) will depend on how close to the end of the European window but I would say every player we don't require will be moved on or go out on loan

Wonder why the window SLAMS SHUT at 5pm? Not great for those who work.
Far preferred staying up to midnight wondering if there was going to be any last second deals (Fellaini) about to happen

Anyone else want to keep Tosun?
He offers us something different. Would prefer him to Niasse and even DCL. I don't see clubs lining up to pay £20m for him.

i'd accept £15m for him, but anything less and he'd be more valuable to us. The thing is his wages for a player who won't be on the bench most games.

I think it's reasonable to ask questions if these huge deals come to fruition.

If they do happen, something has clearly changed at the club, even since the window opened. It suggests a quite radical departure from what I, at least, thought would be the established model. That we would buy young and cheap(er) and sell on at a multiple of what we paid, which in turn would be invested straight back into the squad. I think Zaha would be a decent signing for us, but it is a huge amount of money by our standards. Kean, Gbamin, and Richarlison fit the model, I don't think Zaha does.

I'm as excited as anyone else about what may happen between now and Thursday, with the caveat of hoping there is a rational logic behind our spending. Regardless, we are bound to restraint sooner or later with the stadium to come, it seems odd if we are trying to finalise funding for BMD that we would go on a splurge. You don't convince lenders of your bona fides by embarking on a spending spree.

Even if Usmanov decided to plough cash into the club, it seems we are still going to run foul of FFP next year. I didn't think the club would countenance that so I must admit I'm ignorant as to what the potential penalties are for us if we qualify for Europe.

We have to trust them unless we are given reason not to I guess. I will say I am impressed very much by Brands, much less so by Moshiri. If Brands is the one maintaining control of the ship in the midst of big spending, I would be reassured to a much greater degree.
I suspect we'd get a huge fine, mostly suspended, and limit to the number of players in the squad in any European competition. I don't know if they'd want to ban us from the competition if it were the Europa League. If it were the Champions League, and we'd displaced a United or Liverpool, then they might think again about that.

He offers us something different. Would prefer him to Niasse and even DCL. I don't see clubs lining up to pay £20m for him.

He is (was) a good player but he's had more than enough of a shot with us now, and we don't have time to try and see if it will work out. Cash in now, get as much as poss. I really do think he will go somewhere and will score lots of goals in another system, just not ours.

In an ideal world we'll meet their price for Doucoure and pull out at the last minute and sign Soumare, leaving them no time to find a cheap alternative and with an unhappy player on their hands.

I want maximum fume from those clowns.
I want Doucoure to put in a transfer request. And then pull out. The fans all turn against him and he downs tools.

Let's also put in for Sarr too just to rub there noses in it even more.

He just doesn’t fit Silva’s style unfortunately. Definitely an Allardyce signing with no eye on the future. I like the lad, hard worker and wants to succeed but just not what we need in this system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back