Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not awful in the slightest

Tad underwhelming of course because we didn't get any of our wing options and Rojo looks to be coming in on a perm for actual money, but it's by no means our worst window ever or anything

I'd go above average

Yea a winger would be good but can adapt if needed. Rojo may not be that bad, think people are going OTT.

Stinks of poor planning and extreme naivety on Brands’ part. To not have a backup plan for Zaha is shocking. Especially in a season like this where two of the teams above us in United and Chelsea look weaker.

Think this is a big big opportunity missed. Putting all of our eggs in a 19 year old unproven lad from Juve. If he turns out to be a dud we’ve absolutely wasted a year and we’ll be lucky to even get 8th again. Deflated

Obviously some people are going over the top but there's a big middle ground that a lot of people are in which is being ignored. I'm happy with the business we've done aswell (as far as I can be, I've never seen our two big signings play a full game of football) but I don't think we've done enough. We're not going down, this isn't a disaster, it hasn't been an awful window, but If nothing else happens then I think we've stood still, and we're standing still from 8th. Sorry that i'm not ecstatic about that.

There is plenty of time. We have missed top targets (excellent players) that have been better targets than recent years. We are looking to get amongst the top 6 but it still may take another season or 2 because all top targets are not at all easy to get. Disappointed we couldn't get them but still a decent window IMO and refreshing that we have set the bar higher in what we are trying to bring in despite not having European football.

Confirmed we offered. Confirmed Zaha wanted out. Even pretty much confirms Zaha feels like he was screwed over by Palace.

My problem is not that we didn't do the Zaha deal at £80m+. It's that we've not had an option lined up.

Yep. The only thing you can guarantee with football transfers is that you can't guarantee anything. And that's why you need a Plan B, C, D... Unless of course we are to believe there are no other right wingers or centre backs as good as Zaha or Zouma out there? I seriously doubt it.

No-one on here knows what really went on and how long we have been trying for any particular player.

We have to trust our management team to deliver what they think is right, our job is to support them.

He can definitely play on the left of a front 3.

Bernard is a lovely footballer.
He might be able to play on the left of a front three but he actually hasn't ever done it so that kind of shows that we needed another winger no?

Barnard is probably the weakest member of our starting XI after this window. He can be improved on.

Don't understand why we never just went for a real top CB like Jonathan Tah of Leverkusen or Matthias Ginter of Gladbach as soon as we knew Zouma was'nt coming back. This Rojo thing is just bonkers, we really don't need anymore Man U cast offs, have we not moved on from those days.

As for Zaha, i don't get why we have left a deal like this so late in the window to try and complete, and knowing it would possibly be awkward to have no alternative either, id expect this from Walsh not from Brands. But hey there is still an hour left so who knows.

We cant just force teams to give us their players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back