Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s really sad how a good window has been somewhat soured by the last few days’ dealings, or lack of. I wonder how non-Blues will perceive it?

Everything since Monday has seemed ad hoc and rushed, with an almost blind belief that we would get the men we wanted; really, it’s our own naivety.

I think non-Blues will see it as a good window. And, objectively, every signing we have made is a good one.

But it's the signing we haven't made that could well be the one that bites us. And it simply should never have been a risk of not happening.

We should have 3 targets for each position. We should not be dragging our business into the last day. Brands knows this.

I think non-Blues will see it as a good window. And, objectively, every signing we have made is a good one.

But it's the signing we haven't made that could well be the one that bites us. And it simply should never have been a risk of not happening.

We should have 3 targets for each position. We should not be dragging our business into the last day. Brands knows this.

Absolutely spent too much time on Zouma and Zaha.

Problem is that Silva appears to have a weird obsession with the awful Rojo.

After Zouma it's:

SILVA: Can I have Rojo?
BRANDS: NO

And repeat.

I think Leicester And arsenal are quite happy. Leicester still have Morgan and Evans, and a centre half that Rodgers took to Celtic who he clearly rates. Arsenal wanted an experienced head who can play out from the back and got possibly the best possible example of that. We, on the other hand, have got a championship right back and a 5 year old as our back ups to a player who missed about 25 games through injury last year.
Holgate has already played at CB for us , which is the position he was signed for, and performed very well,
Gibson is highly rated and performed well pre season.
They have to breakthrough at some point and this season could be their big chance.
Mina was a major signing , but as we now know already had a bad injury when he arrived and needed time to recover.
There is no reason to suppose he is injury prone.
He has looked very good pre season.
It is certainly a mistake by Brands to be fair, but it needn’t be the end of the world.
Time to concentrate on the football now and get behind our team and see what they’re capable of.

Are there any even average centre halves in world football right now who are free agents? I would genuinely take someone experienced for a year as cover even though it's a horribly small time and embarassing thing to do.

** Not Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back