Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The squad was so unbalanced that it has taken two summers to sort out. The outgoings have also been a really important part of this window and there is work still to do there. The sheer numbers of players on big salaries but offering nothing has been staggering. From what I can see, he has addressed most (but not all) deficiencies.

There should be a bit less work to do next year so we will be able to focus the spend on fewer higher quality players.
When the transfer ban ends I am sure he will start working through the U23 team.

I can't see Morgan and Evans being their partnership, more likely that Turkish fella they signed which leaves them with Morgan as their only cover so I'm sure they'd have been after a Maguire replacement and Arsenal almost certainly would have wanted more than one.

Even saying that CB should have been the biggest priority after CF and to not get anything is definitely a failure.
I disagree. Leicester have Evans and Morgan as experienced players, soyuncu is a fairly experienced Turkish international with a couple of years in the bundesliga and 20 odd international caps behind him and benkovic a young Croatian international who we know the manager rates because he’s bought him before. I’m sure they looked at replacing msguire, but it will have been nowhere near as much of a priority as it was for us. Luiz just replaces koscielny for arsenal, they have mustafi, holding, chambers, sokratis, mavropanos And Monreal at the club already. Seven centre halves there, there’s absolutely no comparison to our situation at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back