Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's closer to 17.5 on current exchange rates mate. As indicated, you are also probably having to add on maybe 20% for PL tax so the total deal would liely be close to 30m.

Maupay was apoor signing, but the sort of figure for Boniface feel high for a lad that got 9 goals in Belgium last season.

Maupay has been a poor signing.

Nah closer to £15 mill GPB mate - before add ons but take your point. Still dont think you are coming home with much in that price range and prob in the bracket of potential/risk with the likes of Nacho - even if im a fan of him. Cetnre forward cost money and you have to be willing to pay it IMO.

Been playing for Ajax i think mate.

There are a few positions in my opinion in you need to invest in, drop 30 mill and walk away, Keeper, Playmaker and Centre forward.

Take Pickford, we invested the guts of 30 mill in him and he will give us a decade of service - 30 mill in that context looks cheap (3 mill a year) - as opposed to say 15 mill for Maupay - who none of us would be surprised left for sub 8 mill this summer.

Nah closer to £15 mill GPB mate - before add ons but take your point. Still dont think you are coming home with much in that price range and prob in the bracket of potential/risk with the likes of Nacho - even if im a fan of him. Cetnre forward cost money and you have to be willing to pay it IMO.

Been playing for Ajax i think mate.

There are a few positions in my opinion in you need to invest in, drop 30 mill and walk away, Keeper, Playmaker and Centre forward.

Take Pickford, we invested the guts of 30 mill in him and he will give us a decade of service - 30 mill in that context looks cheap - as opposed to say 15 mill for Maupay - who none of us would be surprised left for sub 8 mill this summer.
8m Mexican Pesos

Strange how insistent he's being about this second signing, he's going to look quite silly if the weekend passes without a peep of anyone else (I know this is probably not the first time). There's no real rumours about of anything being that far advanced, I guess maybe a free agent could arrive a bit more under the radar?

Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 12.13.37.webp

Strange how insistent he's being about this second signing, he's going to look quite silly if the weekend passes without a peep of anyone else (I know this is probably not the first time). There's no real rumours about of anything being that far advanced, I guess maybe a free agent could arrive a bit more under the radar?

View attachment 218833
I hope he does look silly if it means we can avoid Vardy coming in

View attachment 218833
IF true, it would have to be Dembele, surely? I don't think that he has discounted Dembele in his messages and the other day some publication said he wasn't going to Saudi and was going to choose between Everton and Villarreal.

Whereas, he's been saying not Gnonto or Elanga, definitely a striker, not aware of anything with Dia or Iheanacho. 🤔

IF true, it would have to be Dembele, surely? I don't think that he has discounted Dembele in his messages and the other day some publication said he wasn't going to Saudi and was going to choose between Everton and Villarreal.

Whereas, he's been saying not Gnonto or Elanga, definitely a striker, not aware of anything with Dia or Iheanacho. 🤔
Yeah, Dembele would be the logical one unless it's a total bolt from the blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back