Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course! Completely forgot about that. He has been mentioned as an Everton target today though
Again IF Myers is right, it would have to be some unknown pick-up (involves scouting - not Everton's style) or a free transfer you would think. So, no club on the other side to try and get it in the press and drive a bidding war.

That suggests free agents, then you would expect the player's agent to get it into the press to drive a better offer. In Dembele's case, he isn't going to get a move to a top club, and has offers from a few clubs around Europe (supposedly including us) and from Saudi and there's no point an agent starting a bidding war there, as that financial offer won't be topped.

So looking at the evidence, IF Myers is right, logic would suggest Dembele.

I haven’t seen that anywhere, what was your source for this?
I did say I can't remember in my original post (may have been the Athletic, but don't quote me). It was in something where they were talking recovery time frames and, if you did the maths, it would mean a return to full training the week before the season starts.

I remember because it really annoyed me at our lack of urgency in getting a striker in. Especially when you factor in Dyche doesn't play people unless they meet his fitness standards. Made me think we won't see Dom for the first few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back