Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF true, it would have to be Dembele, surely? I don't think that he has discounted Dembele in his messages and the other day some publication said he wasn't going to Saudi and was going to choose between Everton and Villarreal.

Whereas, he's been saying not Gnonto or Elanga, definitely a striker, not aware of anything with Dia or Iheanacho. 🤔
Vardy is the rumour that has been picking up pace

Nah closer to £15 mill GPB mate - before add ons but take your point. Still dont think you are coming home with much in that price range and prob in the bracket of potential/risk with the likes of Nacho - even if im a fan of him. Cetnre forward cost money and you have to be willing to pay it IMO.

Been playing for Ajax i think mate.

There are a few positions in my opinion in you need to invest in, drop 30 mill and walk away, Keeper, Playmaker and Centre forward.

Take Pickford, we invested the guts of 30 mill in him and he will give us a decade of service - 30 mill in that context looks cheap (3 mill a year) - as opposed to say 15 mill for Maupay - who none of us would be surprised left for sub 8 mill this summer.

I dont wish to be a pedantic, but euro-poubd is 0.87 not 0.75, so the total deal is between 24/25m. That's before PL tax is thrown on. And theres a 15% sell on.

It's a big package. Probably double what was paid for Maupay. There a debate to be said around whether we could get better, and it's open to question. But it's quite a substantial investment for a lad who got 5 goals in Sweden and 9 in Belgium.

Strange how insistent he's being about this second signing, he's going to look quite silly if the weekend passes without a peep of anyone else (I know this is probably not the first time). There's no real rumours about of anything being that far advanced, I guess maybe a free agent could arrive a bit more under the radar?

View attachment 218833

“Hopeful” he’s an absolute balloon and doesn’t have a clue.

Is it? The only story I've seen really linking us with him was the one that said he refused to take a pen against us because he knew he might be joining us. And that's among the silliest things I've ever heard.
FootballTransfers mentions him twice in connection with us today alongside Dembele. Everton-induced pessimism forces me to think Vardy is more likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back