Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching today's game confirmed even more the new striker(s) need to be a good header of the ball. We frequently saw McNeil crosses last season when there was often no target to aim at. Young also showed it today that he can put quality in the box, but it was often useless with Maupay there.

FFS get that striker in please
If this is the case one would have to ask why the hell he was crossing it?

You can’t cross it to him because he’s small and can’t head a ball, and you can’t play him in behind because he’s incredibly slow. Even when you do find him, he pops a backpass to the keeper. He’s utterly useless.

Think we need to pretend that we genuinely have no strikers, because Maupay doesn’t count and DCL is permacrocked. Two minimum required.
It doesn't matter he's short. Cahill wasn't a giant. It's jumping and timing of the jump. Also getting in areas you can score.

I want 2 strikers

…if Thelwell is reading, Wat doesn’t mean one of these;

IMG_6125.jpeg

It doesn't matter he's short. Cahill wasn't a giant. It's jumping and timing of the jump. Also getting in areas you can score.
You'll notice I followed up the height issue with him not being able to head a ball. Players like Cahill are in the minority of “smaller” players who were boss in the air. 5’10” also isn’t small, Maupay is 2” shorter than Cahill was.

You'll notice I followed up the height issue with him not being able to head a ball. Players like Cahill are in the minority of “smaller” players who were boss in the air. 5’10” also isn’t small, Maupay is 2” shorter than Cahill was.

Osman was an actual midget but was really good in the air, Maupay just doesn’t even bother to jump. His height shouldn’t be an excuse.

Osman was an actual midget but was really good in the air, Maupay just doesn’t even bother to jump. His height shouldn’t be an excuse.
If your main tactic is swinging the ball into the box to a lad who’s tiny and can’t head a ball then his height does play into it a bit. It’s not everything, but it makes it harder for him to be effective. Which he isn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back