Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taking into consideration the position the club was in at the time of his signing, what we actually needed to buy, added to his output and price tag, it’s a very fair suggestion to say he’s the worst signing we’ve ever made.
I don’t know what Thelwell was thinking, I don’t know what Brighton were thinking (charging that price), and I don’t think Moshiri was thinking (because he knows nothing about footy). It was the most brain dead signing we have ever made. I’m not fully convinced it’s not a money laundering scheme.

If we make signings, it makes sense. It just depends how far he (Cannon) is down the pecking order. I’d have to imagine at least Gray is in front of him in the pecking order (and Danjuma). If we keep Gray, it makes sense to give Tom another season to build on that success instead of rotting on the pine.

I mean he’s 34 now so probably, but at the same age as Maupay it wasn’t even a contest, Rodriguez was absolutely miles better. And he was only ever bang average.
I tell you what I had a season ticket at Southampton for a season back when I lived on the south coast. I saw his first season for Saints after he left Burnley when he must have been in his early twenties. He had a hell of a lot of potential back then. Sadly did his ACL and has complications and never properly recovered

If we make signings, it makes sense. It just depends how far he (Cannon) is down the pecking order. I’d have to imagine at least Gray is in front of him in the pecking order (and Danjuma). If we keep Gray, it makes sense to give him another season to build on that success instead of rotting on the pine.
I doubt we keep gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back