Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate Atalanta have been on the map for about 4 years he must be mental to choose them.

Honours[edit]​

League[edit]​

Cup[edit]​

Players today, especially the young ones, do not care that Everton or any other club won trophies 40 years ago. They care about the here and now. Right now Atalanta are a better career aspect than Everton. It's unfortunate, but it is reality.

Does reek of a BK "we tried" if he chooses Atalanta, but surely we wouldn't go this far down the road if he isn't interested? We shall see maybe he wants to play in the PL. Or maybe he prefers playing in Europe..
He will follow the money, whoever offers him the most he will sign for.

Players today, especially the young ones, do not care that Everton or any other club won trophies 40 years ago. They care about the here and now. Right now Atalanta are a better career aspect than Everton. It's unfortunate, but it is reality.
Are they? More exposure in the PL and bigger salary.

Mate Atalanta have been on the map for about 4 years he must be mental to choose them.

Honours[edit]​

League[edit]​

Cup[edit]​

Yep, I'm sure he's got the 85 Cup Winners' Cup final on VHS. 🙄

Come on mate, history doesn't matter a jot to these young players unless it is recent and tangible.

If he chooses us, it will be money and PL pull and nothing else. I strongly suspect however that he'll go to Atalanta because. . . Well, why wouldn't you?!

And not all players want the same things or value the same things so it's a completely moot point.

Are they? More exposure in the PL and bigger salary.
Some will be drawn by a bigger salary, as evidence of what's happening in Saudi Arabia. I would guess it would have to be a substantial difference though. If we are offering similar terms to Atalanta, I imagine the exposure of European competitions would be a deciding factor.
Either way, he won't be chosing Everton because we were good in the 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back