Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was going well until kenwright rang and sang a song to the tune of wanna be my lover by the spice girls

Moshers has asked for denise to give him a ring

Oh wait.....

I think it's easy to forget just how low our standing is in world football right now. Nobody is arsed about Everton aside from Evertonians.
I don’t think that’s true really. Fans wise yes. But players in the game know who we are. Certainly players born 20 years ago. We were in Europe consistently while they were growing up. Had a few bad years but even in recent years still attracted Carlo and James etc.

And players want to play in the PL. they also know that we are potentially a stepping stone and once they are in the league, they are more likely to get a chance to move to a better team if they show they can handle it.

Yes but that's not the allure of the club that's the league.
And the same applies to just about every player signing for any PL club (outside of elite). Players don't sign for the allure of a club. Outside of life long supporters players don't grow up dreaming of playing for Everton or Palace or Villa or any other PL club other than the Man Utds or Liverpools of the world. Allure of the club outside the elite is not something that attracts players

The disrespect for Atalanta from some in this thread is ignorant. They have qualified for Europe six seasons out of 7, have one of the most respected managers in the world in Gasperini, play terrific football and do a good job developing players. They are the anti-Everton: succeeding in the present rather than living in the past.

I don’t think that’s true really. Fans wise yes. But players in the game know who we are. Certainly players born 20 years ago. We were in Europe consistently while they were growing up. Had a few bad years but even in recent years still attracted Carlo and James etc.

And players want to play in the PL. they also know that we are potentially a stepping stone and once they are in the league, they are more likely to get a chance to move to a better team if they show they can handle it.
There's a huge huge difference between knowing who we are and caring about us.

Also, can we not kid ourselves for a second - as much as I loved both of them, the only things that brought Carlo and James to Everton was money.

this bigger club lark it’s a load of crap
Absolutely it had some bearing years ago when wages wasn’t as mental and history/ big club meant something, right now we aren’t a big club maybe in terms of wages we might be and is the reason we’ve been littered with crabs who won’t move on because it’s too cosy here on nice wages and no one would pay them that money. Right now we’re a terrible club on and off the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back