Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The disrespect for Atalanta from some in this thread is ignorant. They have qualified for Europe six seasons out of 7, have one of the most respected managers in the world in Gasperini, play terrific football and do a good job developing players. They are the anti-Everton: succeeding in the present rather than living in the past.
Nothing against Liverpool but Bergamo is a beautiful city with a lovely climate too

Not saying he would choose us because of that, im saying we are a far bigger club than them by a country mile.

Would you sign for Chelsea or Brighton right now?
Brighton are in Europe and Chelsea were gash last season.

Chelsea in the last 5 years.
FIFA Club World Cup winner. 2021-2022.
UEFA Supercup Winner. 2021-2022
Champions League Winner. 2020-2021

It's not really comparable to Everton is it. I know we love the club and it's history but Everton have not been a force in world football since before this lads dad was a baby.
Brighton have been on the up for the last 5 years as well so again, not really comparable to us who've escaped relegation the last two years and haven't seen Europe in seven years.

I want us to be a place players want to come, but I just feel we aren't a super attractive prospect right now. We may be able to entice with high wages, but we have supposedly moved on from that model as well.

We'll see how it all shakes out, I personally hope I am wrong.

I think it's easy to forget just how low our standing is in world football right now. Nobody is arsed about Everton aside from Evertonians.
True only thing that would attract me to Everton is being an Evertonian and maybe the money, look at Gordon couldn’t wait to go as happy as I was to see him go can’t help but think what he must of thought possibly knowing more than we do about the clubs current position finances etc never mind fans harassing you.

Absolutely it had some bearing years ago when wages wasn’t as mental and history/ big club meant something, right now we aren’t a big club maybe in terms of wages we might be and is the reason we’ve been littered with crabs who won’t move on because it’s too cosy here on nice wages and no one would pay them that money. Right now we’re a terrible club on and off the pitch

all day.
we sir are a circus

True only thing that would attract me to Everton is being an Evertonian and maybe the money, look at Gordon couldn’t wait to go as happy as I was to see him go can’t help but think what he must of thought possibly knowing more than we do about the clubs current position finances etc never mind fans harassing you.

that’s us personally tho. aye

The dulcet tones of fat franny currently doing a space on twitter at the mo. So far, every player we’re going for is sh1te, but wants Barkey back cos he’s better than all of our current midfielders 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back