Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. Best league in the world and we can probably offer higher wages. Get himself a few years experience and get his name out there and hopefully secure a move to a bigger club when he's 24 or so. That's probably what he'll think.
Quite. This makes the most sense rather than joining a tin pot Italian club having their little moment in front of about 400 spectators.

I’m 100% convinced Onana will be sold to fund any transfers this summer.

Reckon Dyche has deemed him surplus to requirements and doesn’t fancy him. Will go with a CM axis of Garner, Gana and Doucoure if nobody else brought in.
And who covers in case of injuries...Holgate...even if onana stays, we need a cm...if he goes we need 2

There's a huge huge difference between knowing who we are and caring about us.

Also, can we not kid ourselves for a second - as much as I loved both of them, the only things that brought Carlo and James to Everton was money.
I highly doubt any professional footballer that didn’t grow up supporting us cares about us. Some foreign players may have soft spots from watching PL on the tv as kids though. Same way I doubt Toure cares about Atalanta.

And yes, money is a key factor, something which I assume we can offer a decent amount to Toure. But, you think Carlo and James turn up at a team like stoke or something even if they could offer the same money we did?

I highly doubt any professional footballer that didn’t grow up supporting us cares about us. Some foreign players may have soft spots from watching PL on the tv as kids though. Same way I doubt Toure cares about Atalanta.

And yes, money is a key factor, something which I assume we can offer a decent amount to Toure. But, you think Carlo and James turn up at a team like stoke or something even if they could offer the same money we did?
This is the problem though - our only unique selling point is "we have great fans and were boss in the 80's". 4 years ago it was that plus we had tonnes of ambition and money to go with it. Atalanta can offer something tangible.

As for other clubs - money talks more than any kind of perceived reputation - just look at what's happening in Saudi Arabia right now.

The only reason you'd choose Everton over Atalanta these days is money or PL exposure so someone better can buy you.
Don’t mind being a stepping stone and us making millions. How many people watch the PL week in week out? And Serie A? He’ll play every game for us, big exposure, world wide audience, come on in. It’s not great, but we should be selling ourselves on this basis, at least short term

Bobble's mate has just Tweeted this:
Screenshot_20230724_204843_Twitter.jpg

The way he carries on with his Twitter, I would suggest this means we have our answer, rather than 'Benj' is talking generically.

We’re very likely offering higher wages than Atalanta, so I wouldn’t count this out yet. Obviously we don’t know definitively, but a couple of sites I checked out say that Atalanta’s highest earners are making £60 - 70k per week. Boga looks to be on about £50k per week which might be an apt comparison. Whereas we’re paying Onana somewhere near £100k per week supposedly. Maybe Atalanta has been able to push those figures up with European success, but it’s still Serie A.

Huge gamble imo but maybe I just haven’t read as many good things on Toure as I did last year about Onana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back