Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's just standard football lexicon? I never said you called him world class only that what you were saying would make sense if he was world class but not so much because he isn't. If the recruitment people don't think Toure could keep Dom out of the side EVER then spending 30 million quid on him should be out of the question as far as i'm concerned. Dom is a good player and I like him and you might be right that we wouldn't be able to get somebody who is definitely better than him but we should be able to find strikers who can compete for a place with him and not just accept being second choice because he isn't THAT good.
EVER, maybe yes. This season? No.

1690303373169.webp

The fact that it would cost over 100 mil to sign Connor Gallagher and Lavia shows you how ridiculous the prices are in this league

Both bog average players realistically
Gallagher is ok but mad that Chelsea want and will probably get close to 50m for him. Looking like West Ham might be blowing about 80 mil on him and Ward-Prowse and that doesn’t even replace Rice.

The other day Steve Stone/coach said "It’s not about if Dominic is going to be fit for the first game of the season, it’s can we get Dominic ‘fit fit’ and we mean really fit like he was two years ago so when we play him you go ‘oh yeah.’"

Have a feeling he'll likely not be ready for the Fulham game but we'll see.

I think DCL will be ready by the Fulum game, just. January 30th, away that is.

Noel Edmunds is stalling on the contract

... TBF I think we will know if the feelers we put out for him were well received in the coming days.
Yeah, barring a big turnaround on EBT it’ll be interesting to see who the backup plans actually are from the many names that have been linked. Brobbey certainly an interesting name that’s been mentioned.

(Cue people saying there isn’t a backup plan or that it’ll be Che Adamzzzzzz)

If it wasn’t safe for Dom to be in small pitch 4 v 4 games against fellow team mates who won’t crock him, and in lovely warm conditions and top facilities, then fully expect to hear he’s just back “on the grass” in the Fulham presser. If they insist on getting him fit fit fit (getting him 2x fit didn’t work during the run in), surely no way he is risked after 2 weeks genuine full training. If that. Still looks to be stuck in the gym.

Gambling on scabbing some points in the first few games again. Then pick up some last minute loan.

EVER, maybe yes. This season? No.
By ever I mean at any point of the season not at any point in the future sorry I didn’t make that very obvious. Alls I’m saying is I don’t think you’ve gotta be great striker to believe you can rival dom for a place and that’s even accepting that he might reach his best level again which I wouldn’t bet on now. If dom and danjuma and dele all match their best seasons we’re gonna have one scary attack but they probably won’t and that’s just the honest truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back