Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing a couple of good forwards will avoid a relegation battle for me. It's by far the most important thing we can do this summer, and the only thing that will really matter.
Which is why it's annoying we still don't have one new striker in but the good ones are the hardest to recruit

I dunno yano, I mean I havent seen a lot of the fella at Saints, but Gallagher is proper average.

No shame in being an average Premier League player, but you certainly dont pay 100m for 2 of them.

Lavia, if he avoids serious injuries, will be a top CL standard player within 2 yrs.

Head and shoulders above the rest of the (ok poor) Saints team. Worth double already what Gallagher is imo.

I don't know myself if Dom is that good that i'd be looking at like this. He is good don't get me wrong but he's just a good striker not a world class one so I don't think we should be thinking that he'll always be the main man when he's fit and that's assuming he ever can be fit again.
What is it about this place that as soon as you say someone is good, or better than someone else, people immediately jump to "world class"??

Of course he's not world class, but we're not going to be signing anyone who is better than him (when fit).

By all accounts it wasnt the money we offered that was the issue, the player simply picked the other team.
And, realistically, why would he pick us over them unless it's purely financial? And we ain't even got that kind of clout any more.

The PL has an allure, but they're fighting for Europe and Italy is a lovely country. If he is going there, we now need to move on and get another target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back