Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or alternatively: two half decent footballers who haven't lived up to their early promise. It's more than possible that they could do a reasonable job somewhere

He might end up being alright but having DCL and a Broja who hasn't been fit for over a year as our forward options is very risky. We need a striker who can play 30+ games.

He might end up being alright but having DCL and a Broja who hasn't been fit for over a year as our forward options is very risky. We need a striker who can play 30+ games.
Actually what we need is a striker who can play 30+ games but is happy only playing ~10 if DCL ends up putting his fitness problems behind him.

That's a difficult needle to thread.

Actually what we need is a striker who can play 30+ games but is happy only playing ~10 if DCL ends up putting his fitness problems behind him.

That's a difficult needle to thread.

DCL needs to be considered finished at this point. We can't rely on him at all and the mindset should be that we need a starter. If Dom gets fit and can play games again great but if we rely on him yet again we're going down.

DCL needs to be considered finished at this point. We can't rely on him at all and the mindset should be that we need a starter. If Dom gets fit and can play games again great but if we rely on him yet again we're going down.
I mean, he doesn't need to be considered "finished". We have to assume he'll miss a lot of games injured, but IF (notice i said IF in my previous post) he does regain his fitness, he'll be our first choice striker, because no one we can both afford and attract is better than him. Therefore any striker coming in will know that they're gambling their playing time on whether Dom is fit or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back