Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why because he's been relegated twice?

He is the most qualified at keeping us in the same position we are now or worse.

People need to stop drinking the cool-aid. Having a bad manager isn't going to help us, having a actually good manager who can coach players to be better will.
I would say a few years ago was the time to go down that particular road but we didn't and now I think maybe someone like Dyche might be the best bet for us the way things are at the moment. If we had all the background things in place and a coach could just do what it says on the tin then thats all well and good but asking a coach to keep this team up with nothing to spend and all the trappings of the club being in crisis and the fans revolting is a different thing altogether. Whether we like it or not or want to admit it or not finishing 15th would be a good season for us this year and Dyche is the type of manager who can get us there by playing to our strengths and doing the basics I think everybody needs to take a reality check and understand that the Brighton manager or the Brentford manager or whoever is the hipster favourite these days couldn't come into such a badly run club and make us good by just coaching our bad players to be good the problems go much higher than any manager.

Last edited:

IMG_6156.webp

Iling-Junior mainly plays a winger, either on the left or right. His versatility allowed him to be deployed various areas of the pitch by Juventus U19 coach Andrea Bonatti, namely as a left-back, left or right forward, attacking midfielder or central midfielder.[8] His main qualities are his goalscoring, dribbling and running abilities.

Bit worried if his main qualities include goalscoring with his 1 goal in 18 for Juve

Why do people keep saying this?

He relegated Burnley once, Jackson who had 8 games (24pts) to save Burnley took them down a second time.

Because in Jackson 8 games in charge he won 11pts.

In dyches previous 16 games in charge he'd won 14pts.

Dyche had put Burnley in the position they were in and Jackson did well to get the results they did.

You cant have someone in charge of a team for 30 games then blame they guy they had in charge for 8, especially if he did ridiculously well considering the position they were in.

Never heard of Iling-Junior before, but with a quick look he seems to be highly rated. Young English player from Chelsea’s academy. Sounds like Juve’s fans have been frustrated that Allegri has played him mostly at LWB rather than on the wing. Would definitely prefer Gnoto but he could easily be the backup target. Same age.

I would say a few years ago was the time to go down that particular road but we didn't and now I think maybe someone like Dyche might be the best bet for us the way things are at the moment. If we had all the background things in place and a coach could just do what it says on the tin then thats all well and good but asking a coach to keep this team up with nothing to spend and all the trappings of the club being in crisis and the fans revolting is a different thing altogether. Whether we like it or not or want to admit it or not finishing 15th would be a good season for us this year and Dyche is the type of manager who can get us there by playing to our strengths and doing the basics I think everybody needs to take a reality check and understand that the Brighton manager or the Brentford manager or whoever is the hipster favourite these days couldn't come into such a badly run club and make us good by coaching our bad players to be suddenly good the problems go much higher than any manager.
Agreed. The club is an absolute state and we aren’t going to attract an elite manager without a major transfer budget and or an already good squad. We certainly don’t have the latter and most likely don’t have the former. Our only other option is to take a punt on someone and hope we unearth another Moyes. Can’t see the board doing that.

Hopefully we sign some players soon and can have a half decent season. We need a platform to build from for the next few years.

Never heard of Iling-Junior before, but with a quick look he seems to be highly rated. Young English player from Chelsea’s academy. Sounds like Juve’s fans have been frustrated that Allegri has played him mostly at LWB rather than on the wing. Would definitely prefer Gnoto but he could easily be the backup target. Same age.
left sided FFS - we need someone on the right ! Now where's @peteblue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back